PDA

View Full Version : Hermes Franca Announces his retirement from MMA

cholitzu
09-01-2010, 20:07
Hermes Franca, former WEC Lightweight Champion, UFC superstar and one of the great legends of Mixed Martial Arts ( MMA ) tonight announced his retirement after a loss at MaxFightsDM.

Born in Forteleza Brazil, Hermes Franca stormed onto the MMA and delighted fans with great performances in many organizations such as UFC, WEC, AFL, Hook n Shoot, WEF and others. Hermes is featured presently in the UFC "Undisputed" Video game.

In a statement by Franca made after his fight tonight he wants to let the MMA world know that he has decided to retire
from professional MMA fighting as his body can no longer compete at a Championship level.

Franca, one of the sports' most colorful fighters wanted to say "thank you" to all the fans, fighters and organizations and let them know that he loves them and wants to thank everyone for their support over the years.

The fans gave me the passion and strength that kept me competing at the Championship levels for all these years. Without them, I couldn't have done it. I owe it all to the fans.

Hermes will take a short rest and get back to training students, fighters at his EastWestCombat Club in Syracuse, New York and spending time with his family and developing business as he move into the next stage of his life.
For appearances, seminars and licensing information; please contact White Chocolate Management (http://www.whitecm.com/index.php?cid=45008&forward=12&curlid=18).

wrestler_nl
09-01-2010, 20:47
Een beetje overdreven artikel maar hij was idd een goede vechter.
Zal ik hem missen??.......
NEE

Lionheart
09-01-2010, 21:26
Wens hem het beste.

Vond het altijd een vermakelijke vechter.

Justinian
10-01-2010, 12:37
Goede vechter in mijn ogen, maar begrijpelijk dat hij stopt.

Jeru
10-01-2010, 12:44
Scheelt in ieder geval weer een lelijk kapsel in de kooi :D