PDA

View Full Version : Brock lesnar will fight again

RayOmac
11-01-2010, 17:29
It's been six months since UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has set foot in the Octagon, but if recent reports contrary to some of the more dire prognostications are accurate, he may be back before another six months lapse.

Marty Morgan, the assistant head wrestling coach at the University of Minnesota and one of Lesnar's trainers, told Sportsnet.ca's Joe Ferraro, "Everyone's asking about (Brock's) health. He had a bout with a bacterial infection in his intestinal tract in November, and now we're just kind of working our way to get back to where we need to get back to fight."

While recent speculation suggested Lesnar might never be able to fight again, or at least have a recovery that might best be measured in years, Morgan definitively countered such talk. "He will fight again. I know that it's just a matter of the public finding out when soon enough."

Former UFC heavyweight and light heavyweight champion Randy Couture, speaking with Inside MMA's Ron Kruck, reinforced Morgan's comments.

"I spoke with Brock; I don't think his career is over. I think they've got the issues he's been having under control and he's back training," relayed the UFC Hall of Famer. "I think he will be back in the Octagon this spring and ready to fight again."

That's a far cry from just a week ago when Lesnar's future was still very much in doubt.

"This week Brock Lesnar is going back to the doctor, getting fully checked out by one of the best doctors and hospitals in the world," said UFC president Dana White following last week's UFC 108 in Las Vegas.

"If the doctors say things are going well and things are going in the right direction then maybe we're a few months away from him coming back. If it's not going in the right direction, he'll either be done and have to retire or he'll be out for a couple years. So, hopefully we get good news."

Apparently the news was good.

There's still no definite answer to when Lesnar will return, but it now sounds like his return is imminent.

In the meantime, former champion Frank Mir will face top contender Shane Carwin for the interim heavyweight title at UFC 111 on March 27 in New Jersey.

==============
Mijn vermoede is dat Dana het alleen maar erger maakt dan het is om publiciteit te trekken voor het volgende gevecht.

Harrie Nak
11-01-2010, 18:18
Volgens Randy Couture (http://www.mmamania.com/2010/1/9/1243323/randy-couture-brock-lesnar) is Brock al aan het trainen voor een comeback rond de lente. Lijkt mij persoonlijk wat vroeg, maar wie weet.

Omar.
11-01-2010, 18:24
Goed nieuws.

Garcia
11-01-2010, 18:26
Wel de Mixfight Portal in de gaten houden he ;)

Grote kans op snelle terugkeer Brock Lesnar (http://portal.mixfight.nl/nederlands/nieuws/grote_kans_op_snelle_terugkeer_brock_lesnar/)

T15Boxing
11-01-2010, 18:29
En dan horen weer wat anders en blijkt dat Brock toch een lange tijd niet zal vechten. Ik ben in de war.

Ivo C.
11-01-2010, 19:10
Roumors...

Justinian
12-01-2010, 11:29
Wel de Mixfight Portal in de gaten houden he ;)

Grote kans op snelle terugkeer Brock Lesnar (http://portal.mixfight.nl/nederlands/nieuws/grote_kans_op_snelle_terugkeer_brock_lesnar/)
x2 ;)