PDA

View Full Version : Georges St. Pierre learning new techniques from Gegard Mousasi as they begin a two-we

redman74
05-02-2010, 13:33
GSP is aardig onder de indruk van Gegard.
Het zal wel wederzijds zijn.
Superervaring voor Gegard!!!
wat denken jullie?

Georges St. Pierre learning new techniques from Gegard Mousasi as they begin a two-week camp (http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Georges-St-Pierre-learning-new-techniques-from-Gegard-Mousasi-as-they-begin-a-two-week-camp.html)

Georges St. Pierre learning new techniques from Gegard Mousasi as they begin a two-week campby Giada Esposito on February 03, 2010
UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre is well-known for his intense and innovative training sessions, and this week he added a new dimension with the inclusion of Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi.

Mousasi, a native of the Netherlands, was in the US to help promote the recent Strikeforce: Miami event on January 30, and the two men agreed to join each other afterwords for a two-week training session. St. Pierre himself is currently two weeks into an eight-week training camp as he prepares to defend his title against Dan Hardy at UFC 111 on March 27.

Although most of their time together training will be spent at Greg Jackson's gym in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the two kicked off their practice at Cesar Carneiro's MMA Masters gym in Miami, Florida. Speaking to Sports Illustrated, St. Pierre was very enthusiastic about the training so far, and was impressed by the Mousasi's natural talent.

"(Mousasi) does things that he doesn't even know he does well," said St. Pierre. "He does things he doesn't think about. He just does it. It's really amazing. It's something not everybody has. You can't teach that. There is something from him that I know I can learn. If I can help him at the same time, we both are going to gain from each other. It's a great experience."

Though St. Pierre had nothing but good things to say about Mousasi, his long-time wrestling coach Cleo Ncube was a little more ambivalent in his praise for the young Strikeforce champion. Ncube expressed his surprise at the lack of structure in Mousasi's training regimen.

"Gegard is very raw," said Ncube. "He doesn't have a real specific training regimen. He just messes around, which is such an incredible story. Today we included him in our technique session and we were working through our regular scheduled techniques. I didn't know if he was going to pick it up, and fair enough Gegard was picking it up."

Mousasi, who has trained in the past with Fedor Emelianenko, a man often considered to be the greatest MMA fighter of all time, had interesting comparisons to make between Emelianenko and St. Pierre. Mousasi believes that St. Pierre has superior athleticism and technique, but Emelianenko is able to transition more fluidly between the different disciplines of MMA. For his part, St. Pierre was happy for now to play the role of student.

"If I could have a choice between money, fame or wisdom and knowledge, I would take wisdom first, without hesitation," St. Pierre said. "I'm already a better fighter than I was before the practice. I have more knowledge.

GerritTonijn
05-02-2010, 13:38
Hij sloot een transfer naar de UFC eigenlijk uit de komende jaren....raar

dirk5
05-02-2010, 13:38
Ik denk dat de zoekfunctie op mixfight 1 van de meest onderschatte functies is ;)

steftheboxer
05-02-2010, 14:04
"GSP is aardig onder de indruk van Gegard"

Ik ben aardig onder de indruk van deze repost!!!!

Sendur
05-02-2010, 15:44
:wacko:

Tony
05-02-2010, 16:05
slotje vanwege repost. (recentelijk nog gepost hier)