PDA

View Full Version : SIGNED, SEALED, AND DELIVERED: SHIELDS VS. HENDO

Sendur
24-02-2010, 17:19
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/10826-Shields-v-Hendo.jpg
It's been a long time coming, but now it's official.

Dan Henderson and Jake Shields have agreed to meet in Strikeforce with the middleweight title on the line in April. Shields confirmed the bout when speaking to MMAWeekly Radio on Tuesday night.

"It's a go now. We finally worked it out a few days ago," he said about the fight with Henderson. "It's a done deal, it's been agreed upon by both parties as far as I know, and I think it's set to go."

As recently as six weeks ago when Shields left to help out as assistant coach on the eleventh season of “The Ultimate Fighter," a deal had still not been sealed for the fight to happen.

Now, both Shields and Henderson have a deal in place to put the two middleweights in the cage together in April, although according to the current Strikeforce champion, while a date and venue have been given to the fighters, the actual broadcast has yet to be determined.

"I have a date (and) venue, but they told me to hold that back," said Shields. "Hopefully CBS. I think it's CBS. There's a slight possibility of Showtime because they're still (working it out). I don't know the rest of the card or any of that yet. But me and Dan's on, and I'm hoping it's on CBS."

Shields admits that the waiting game was tough because contract negotiations are something that have to be done, but now it's all over and he's happy to fight again soon.

"I really wanted the fight, the fans really wanted it, so I knew it was going to happen," he commented. "There was a few little things holding it back, but luckily everything's been worked out and I'm just happy the fight's happening, and I want to go out there and put on an exciting fight."

Even though Shields will enter the fight as the Strikeforce middleweight champion, Henderson brings with him a wealth of experience, and a resume of impressive wins. If the betting odds come out placing Henderson as the favorite, it's nothing new to Shields, and he'll happily play the underdog.

"I always prefer to be the underdog. Dan's a great fighter, he doesn’t have a lot of holes in his game, but I think he does have a few, and I'm going to go out there and try to exploit them," stated Shields.

The fight will likely either headline or co-headline the card in April, depending on what happens with Fedor Emelianenko, who is also rumored for the same show. Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more information on the upcoming Strikeforce card as it becomes available.

Ivo C.
24-02-2010, 17:25
WAAAARRRRR HENDO!!!

superfreak
24-02-2010, 17:58
Hendo op KO eerste ronde.

micha
24-02-2010, 18:52
strikeforce is tha bomb

MilfhunterMMA
24-02-2010, 18:58
ik hoop op hendo maar shields is echt een solide vechter.

Kemal
24-02-2010, 19:17
nou dat wordt weer een knaller hoor...

24-02-2010, 20:17
hendo op ko hoop ik..shields is goed, maar ben geen fan van zijn vechtstijl.

wrestler_nl
25-02-2010, 00:01
Ik denk niet dat Hendo te veel problemen zal hebben met Shields,
Hendo by ko 1st round

Sendur
25-02-2010, 00:14
Hoop op een dikke KO van Hendo!

Tony
25-02-2010, 10:19
Denk dat jullie allemaal Shields onderschatten...

Maar desalniettemin een paar honder miljoen vcash op hendo natuurlijk :)

Tony
25-02-2010, 10:19
Shields was gisteravond trouwens nog bij Bully Beatdown...

dirk5
25-02-2010, 10:24
word een all-in op Hendo....

zonder enige twijfel!