PDA

View Full Version : 3/27 MAX 2010 begins with Petrosyan vs. Sato

marcelt
27-02-2010, 12:52
The MAX 2010 season begins with the Saturday, March 27th K-1 WORLD MAX 2010 Under 70kg Japan Tournament to be held at the Saitama Super Arena Community Arena. Fans can expect high voltage excitement as the event combines exhibition fights with the world's best middleweights along with a one-day tournament to decide the K-1 World Max Japan Champion.
Sato: "I know how to defeat Petrosyan"
After healing the broken hand he used to defeat Andy Souwer to become 2009 MAX World Champion a few months ago, Giorgio Petrosyan has already added another KO notch to his belt for his Jan. 30 win against Mohamed Diaby Is there anyone who can stop him? Eccentric fan-fave Yoshihiro Sato says he is the man for the job. Says Sato, "Most people will predict the odds are 8:2 against me, but I've found at least two holes in his defense. I think I have him." A strong win against the Italian champ would make Sato a national hero. For Petrosyan, it's another chance to show Japanese fans what makes him a champion
New series!? K-1 MAX Lightweight fights join lineup
"I'd like to have a MAX Lightweight (under 63 kg) Japan Tournament," K-1 Event Producer Sadaharu Tanikawa announced to the gathered press at the March 27th event fightcard announcement press conference. He continued, "There's a lot of potential in the lightweight category." As a possible precursor, two lightweight superfights have been announced for the upcoming MAX event: Kazuhisa Watanabe vs. DJ Taiki and TakeHERO Murahama vs. Kosuke Komiyama.
Watanabe is a former boxing champion who was once called "King of the Wild Things" because of his volatile nature. DJ Taiki is an anime fan of a different color than cosplayer "Jienotsu" Nagashima who is known for his musical entrances where he emulates famous singers. He is also known for his devastating kick and it will be interesting to see who will remain standing once the gong sounds.
MAX Japanese Tournament Fightcard Announced!
Like last year, the MAX tournament match-ups were decided by lottery. Each fighter pulled a numbered ball out of a box and, in ascending order, chose one of the eight tournament slots. In addition to last year's top 4 - last year's Japan champ Taishin Kohiruimaki, Yuya Yamamoto, Yasuhiro Kido, and Hinata - were Yuichiro "Jienotsu" Nagashima, Tatsuji and the winners of the qualifiers - Ryuji and Hiroki Nakashima. All fighters were present for the tournament lottery drawing. Of course, the press and fans alike were looking forward to the entrance of "Jienotsu" as there was some speculation as to which costume the flamboyant fighter would appear in. This time he appeared attired in the person of Hitagi Senjogahara from the anime hit "Bakemonogatari".
All first time match-ups!
After all the numbers had been drawn and the spots chosen, the speculation began as to how the tournament would play out. Tanikawa outlined what made each match-up special. "Kohi vs. Jienotsu is a personality clash, Kido vs. Ryuji is an old-school battle, Nakajima vs Tatsuji is a punchfest, and Hinata vs. Yamamoto is the key to the whole tournament." No matter how you slice it, it's going to be a heated battle of wills, chills, and thrills. Don't miss it!

3/27 MAX 2010 begins with Petrosyan vs. Sato! : NEWS | K-1 OFFICIAL WEBSITE (http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2010/0226_max_01.html)

ReZp
27-02-2010, 14:54
Dit lijkt me een erg goeie matchup , ik kijk hier naar uit.
Ik ben benieuwd of de doctor ook medicijnen heeft voor lange benen en scherpe knieen.
Sato heeft een lastige stijl.
Toch zeg ik Petrosyan op punten

Peter0711
27-02-2010, 15:05
Wordt weer een knaller!! :D