PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce bringing Gilbert Melendez vs. Shinya Aoki to CBS on April 17

Harrie Nak
02-03-2010, 10:46
DREAM import Shinya Aoki will get first crack at newly-crowned lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez when the Japanese submission fighter makes his stateside debut on the main card of the upcoming Strikeforce event planned for April 17 on CBS.

Josh Gross of SI.com tweeted the proposed match-up (http://twitter.com/Si_joshgross) earlier today.

The bout is expected to serve as one of three championship contests on the promotion's upcoming trip to Nashville for "Saturday Night Fights" on CBS. While "El Nino" is putting his strap on the line, "The Tobikan Judan" will reportedly keep his title safe and sound back in DREAM.

Melendez (17-2) has been electric since falling to Josh Thomson in June of 2008. In addition to TKO wins over Rodrigo Damm and Mitsuhiro Ishida, the former PRIDE and Shooto standout avenged his loss to "The Punk" at last December's "Evolution" card from San Jose, taking the 155-pound title in the process.

The California native has been vocal about bringing Aoki to the States in order to test himself against the grappling wizard and cement himself as one of the world's top lightweights.

dirk5
02-03-2010, 10:51
BAKA SABAIBAA iki nokore BAKA SABAIBAA Baby
BAKA SABAIBAA kachi nokore BAKA SABAIBAA Baby

Dare no sei de sonna SHOBOKURE tonnen
Dakara yuuteru yuro itsumo
Nan ka GAMAN shiten nonchau? soochaun?
Motto ureshisou na kao shiteru toki aru yan?
Fuku katta toki toka saa sou sou
Horemii ano OSSAN no kao!
Omae mo annan natte mau yo!

Saa! iki nokotte ikoo ze
Yoji nobotte kachi hokotte
Kane tsukatte kane kasei de
B-A-K-A SURVIVOR

BAKA SABAIBAA nari agere BAKA SABAIBAA Baby
BAKA SABAIBAA mai agare BAKA SABAIBAA Baby
OREIZUMU DE BAKA SABAIBAA

Aa wasurenakucha mata ganbaranakucha
Iya sonna betsu ni wasuren de ee yaro muriyari ganbara
'Nde mo eeshi
Oi oi nakan de mo ee yan!
Otoko to onna no shukumei shukumei! Hora mitemi
Aitakattari sou no YATSU
Angai ANTA no soba ni iru yo

WAO! meguri ai wa unmei!
Sakeran nee! nigeran nee!
Kaeran nee! HAMEran nee!
B-A-K-A SURVIVOR

BAKA SABAIBAA naki wameke BAKA SABAIBAA Baby
BAKA SABAIBAA sanzameke BAKA SABAIBAA Baby
OMAEIZUMU DE BAKA SABAIBAA

IE IE IEEI!
Oi! nani ka UZU UZU shite kitanchau no!
Waku waku shite MERA MERA moete MURA MURA shite kita
'Nchau no!
Oi! BOYA BOYA shiteru baaichau zo
GUZU GUZU shitete mo hajimarahen no chau non
Naishin BIKU BIKU demo hiza GAKU GAKU demo
Kowanai kowanai hora yuku de yuku de yuku de!

BAKA SABAIBAA iki nokore BAKA SABAIBAA Baby
BAKA SABAIBAA kachi nokore BAKA SABAIBAA Baby
ONOREIZUMU DE BAKA SABAIBAA

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8734/aokirainbowtq5ra4.jpg

Het was al een tijdje bekend maar toch, MAGIC PANTS FTW!!!!

superfreak
02-03-2010, 12:19
WAR Gilbert!!

Vind Aoki z'n houding niet zo. Altijd wel zieke submissions daar niet van. Echter denk ik dat Gilbert hem ko slaat.

Sendur
02-03-2010, 12:50
WAR Gilbert!!

Vind Aoki z'n houding niet zo. Altijd wel zieke submissions daar niet van. Echter denk ik dat Gilbert hem ko slaat.

x2

Fuck magic pants.

Ivo C.
02-03-2010, 12:54
I really dislike Aoki's attitudeand hope for a hi reel KO!!!!

dirk5
02-03-2010, 13:09
Dit vind Shinya ervan:

http://mmanytt.se/wp/wp-content/uploads/AokiShinya.jpg

wrestler_nl
02-03-2010, 17:22
Ik hoop dat Melendez hem naar dromenland slaat

maartenjackie
02-03-2010, 18:06
dit wint Aoki makkelijk lijkt me? middelvingertje erachteraan hoppa.

Sendur
02-03-2010, 18:26
Stinkie pants

kooivechter
02-03-2010, 18:33
ko winst voor melendez. Met dat guard pullen komt hij bij melendez echt niet weg. Staand gaat Aoki het never nooit niet winnen.

Groundwork
02-03-2010, 19:04
Ik blijf Aoki graag bezig zien, dus ik hoop dat Aoki ook hier een winstpartij uit sleurt..

dirk5
02-03-2010, 19:56
"When I had his arm behind his back, I could feel it popping, I thought, 'Well, this guy's pride just won't let him tap, will it?' So without hesitation, I broke it. I heard it break, and I thought, 'Ah, there, I just broke it.' I was stopped afterward, but even if I hadn't been, continuing to break it more would have been fine by me."[21]
"After my fight, I was excited, and so I did something rude that I should apologize for. But that showed just how excited I was over that fight."

@ kooivechter,

hij kan wel iets meer dan alleen gaurd pullen, vandaar dat ie ook de naam: Tobikan Judan draagt.

Wiseguy
02-03-2010, 20:06
ko winst voor melendez. Met dat guard pullen komt hij bij melendez echt niet weg. Staand gaat Aoki het never nooit niet winnen.

Dat dacht men ook bij Alvarez en ik schat Alvarez hoger in dan Melendez. Aoki by Flying ARMTRIANGLE!

dirk5
02-03-2010, 20:11
Dat dacht men ook bij Alvarez en ik schat Alvarez hoger in dan Melendez. Aoki by Flying ARMTRIANGLE!

Juist.

Tevens lag Hellboy 1 van de 2 partijen met Aoki ook gewoon in de armbar. En ook Hellboy schat ik een stuk hoger in dan Melendez.

Slome
02-03-2010, 20:12
WAR AOKI:thup:

Harrie Nak
03-03-2010, 19:58
Aoki zal zijn magic pants helaas thuis laten:

"I appreciate the offer of a title match - I am genuinely happy. Having always claimed that Japan is at the top of the MMA world, I have no choice but to go compete in the US. I will just step right in and walk right out with submission victory and prove that the DREAM champion is the number one in the world. I will restore the glory of Pride's heyday to DREAM. I will greet you all with a belt next time. Gilbert Melendez is the Strikeforce champion and therefore a world class fighter. I consider myself a top fighter in the world, so he is a very attractive opponent. I think our fight will leave both Japanese and American fans fully sated. Though Strikeforce rule allows elbow strike on the feet, it is not a radical change (from Pride and DREAM rules). I will be fighting in a cage for the first time, but I watch a lot of fights that take place in the cage and my level of geekery in the realm is peerless among Japanese fighters. Besides, my skillset trancends the ring/cage barrier, and I always have my eyes on the world. Yes, I will have to take off my tights. I think the prospect of being able to see my bare legs is attractive, so I want the fans to come all the way to the US for it."

Pepe the Ice-Murderer
03-03-2010, 21:59
Dit is goed nieuws! Aoki kan zijn meesterschap nu ook in de states tonen. Die laatste quote is trouwens erg mooi!
WAR AOKI

Sendur
03-03-2010, 22:06
Tegen BJ is pas de echt test.

Melendez is by far even goed als BJ.