PDA

View Full Version : Rampage Jackson on Pride vs. UFC, photo shoots, video games

Harrie Nak
10-03-2010, 18:16
Vooral quotewaardig, zijn commentaar over hoe Pride haar vechters behandelde:

A lot of things man. I don’t know what their problem was but they wouldn’t promote me at all, they cheated me out of money from dolls and t-shirts, not paying me… when my contract was up and we were negotiating and I wanted more money and they were telling me ‘oh but you’re a nobody’. This was after I had fought in the Grand Prix and beat Igor Vovchanchyn. Even after I went to that K-1 fight and represented them in K-1, they were mad I won that K-1 fight! Just stuff like that.

The old president was really cool but he said if I wanted to get on the talk show they had in America, he said ‘you’ve got to kiss the American [Pride] president’s ass’. I don’t kiss ass. Go ahead, I don’t need to do your show. And I think at the time I was one of the most popular American fighters that they had there. So they put some Japanese guy on the talk show - and he didn’t speak English! I was like ’Y’all some idiots’.

FO: Is it true fighters would get two or three weeks notice for even the biggest fights?

Igor Vovchanchyn., I got two weeks notice. Ninja, two weeks notice. It was bad. The tournaments were fixed. They said they drew numbers from a hat.. Pfft. It was all set up for Wanderlei to win. It was really bad. Even in some fights they would stand you up when you were winning, different stuff like that.Bron (http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/interviews/viewarticle.php?id=4080&offset=0).

Ivo C.
11-03-2010, 09:48
Strange nobody bothers.
But I think Rampage reall didn't have it easy in Japan.

dirk5
11-03-2010, 10:14
Het ligt idd wel aan Pride dat hij geen geld heeft gekregen voor t-shirts en poppetjes.

Lees je contract voor je iets tekend stumperd!

Volgensmij heeft ie ook genoeg te janken over de UFC dus misschien ligt het wel gewoon aan meneer Rampage zelf?

wrestler_nl
12-03-2010, 13:16
Het is idd wel waar denk ik dat sommige match-ups gefixed waren. Dat vind ik echt niet kunnen!

T15Boxing
12-03-2010, 20:03
Het is nooit bewezen behalve Coleman-Takada geloof ik, voor de rest was er niets fixed in Pride want al hun eigen Japanners werden gesmashed.

Rampage kan het gewoon niet hebben dat Wanderlei zo succesvol was. Dus ze maakten het makkelijk voor Wanderlei? Waarom kreeg hij dan zwaargewichten als Crocop en Hunt, en is hij zelf 2 x ge ko'd door de beste man.