PDA

View Full Version : M-1 vs. UFC

Slome
14-03-2010, 19:10
Vadim Finkelstein on the chances of Fedor signing with the UFC soon

http://mmanytt.se/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/fedor_ufc.jpg

Vadim Finkelstein, the manager of Fedor Emelianenko and M-1 Global’s CEO, has commented on the possibility that the WAMMA heavyweight champion could sign with the UFC once his final two bouts with Strikeforce are up, saying it’s firmly in Dana White’s hands.
Finkelstein said:

“It depends on UFC. We would like to cooperate with them. Everything depends on them, their diplomacy. It would be possible if they are flexible... I don't want to compete with UFC, I want to co-operate with them. I think it could be a winning solution for everybody - for us, for them, and for MMA fans.”

“That's his character, [Dana White] just loves to call names. He didn't say bad things about M-1 only, there were a lot of situations where he was harsh. It makes me glad when Dana White talks about us. I respect the UFC, they've done a lot for the development of MMA, so I can pardon them such attacks. We respect him and let him grumble.”
Fedor’s next bout inside the Strikeforce cage seems to be up in the air with talk that a hand injury and contract disputes between the two promotions could push the fight back to the end of the summer.

GerritTonijn
14-03-2010, 19:14
It depends on UFCja...net zo debiel als zeggen

-Hey Gerrit waarom je ben je nog niet rijk?
- Ja jo, bill gates wil me maar geen miljoen geven, alles hangt van hem af!

cholitzu
14-03-2010, 20:06
ja...net zo debiel als zeggen

-Hey Gerrit waarom je ben je nog niet rijk?
- Ja jo, bill gates wil me maar geen miljoen geven, alles hangt van hem af!

Het enige verschil hierin is dat jij het nog niet gevraagd hebt aan bill, hun al wel aan dana.(aanname);)

Het begin is er iig, Vadim heeft al een t-shirt.

YoMarK
14-03-2010, 20:24
Gaat dus niet gebeuren....UFC gaat niets met M-1 co-promoten. Ik neem het ze niet kwalijk, je ziet wat voor een gedoe het nu in stikeforce is met M-1.

GerritTonijn
14-03-2010, 20:29
Het enige verschil hierin is dat jij het nog niet gevraagd hebt aan bill, hun al wel aan dana.(aanname);)

Het begin is er iig, Vadim heeft al een t-shirt.

Ik tweet bill dagelijks.

micha
14-03-2010, 21:05
wat een gedoe zeg als hij naar de UFC gaat. ik wil hem eerst tegen Alistair en dan mag hij van mijn part naar de UFC. Ik denk dat ze niet echt wakker liggen van de M1.

GerritTonijn
14-03-2010, 21:27
Fedor enz. gaat me steeds minder boeien, leuk om te zien bij SF, maar het kan me meer weinig schelen of die nog naar de UFC gaat.

Kemal
14-03-2010, 22:06
wat een gedoe zeg als hij naar de UFC gaat. ik wil hem eerst tegen Alistair en dan mag hij van mijn part naar de UFC.

X2

CannieY
14-03-2010, 22:29
als er een schaap over de dam is (mousasi), volgen er hopelijk meer...

GerritTonijn
14-03-2010, 23:00
als er een schaap over de dam is (mousasi), volgen er hopelijk meer...

Is totaal niet vergelijkbaar

CannieY
15-03-2010, 00:33
Is totaal niet vergelijkbaar

en over welke vergelijking hebben we het dan? Ik hoop dat nu mousasi weg is bij m1 hij stopt bij SF en gaat tekenen bij ufc. En ik hoop dat een hele boel anderen hem nadoen, wellicht zelfs Fedor aka mister m-1 himself. Zie het niet gebeuren hoor, hence de 'hopelijk' in m'n vorige reply.

Harrie Nak
15-03-2010, 01:47
Just to end the recent rumors (http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f61/finkelstein-talks-about-fedor-potentially-signing-ufc-1165911/), Fedor is not signing a personal contract with the UFC. Finkelstein has clarified in other interviews before that the talks between M1 Global and UFC are about a cooperation, not a personal contract.

This is a translation from another Finkelstein's interview (http://sherdognet.craveonline.com/index.php#http://efedor.ru/news/389.html) with Mixfight.ru on Fedor's official website:

Mixfight.ru: What advantages will Fedor receive, if he signs a contract with the UFC?

Vadim Finkelstein: Fedor is not signing a personal contract with the UFC, he's ready for a cooperation between M1 Global and UFC.More on the difficulty with co-promotion between M1 Global and UFC from this interview with Finkelstein (http://sherdognet.craveonline.com/index.php#http://efedor.ru/news/465.html):

Finkelstein: Regarding the UFC, it is certainly a promising organization, but its monopolistic policy does not give us the opportunity to move onto cooperation. UFC wants to completely take over the rights to Fedor Emelianenko, under whom, in fact, M-1 Global was created. But it is absolutely illogical and wrong! Many promotional organizations arrange joint shows, we have repeatedly offered UFC's president Dana White a scheme, according to which we agreed to organize several joint tournaments. However, all our attempts to arrange a co-promotion were refused.

What motivates the UFC to resort to such measures, it is no secret that fans long await a match between, say, Lesnar and Emelianenko?

Finkelstein: The fact of the matter is that everyone is waiting and wanting to see this match. UFC itself talks about this, they say the fans want to see that fight. Want? So, let's organize it - what's the problem. But the problem is that this fight is possible only under the auspices of the UFC, which intends to acquire the rights to Fedor. It ends up being ridiculous: the name of Fedor Emelianenko is known virtually everywhere. Ask on the streets of Europe, Russia, Japan, Korea and even the United States, who is Fedor - you will get an answer. And if you ask a similar question about the UFC, hardly the same number of people will give you a positive response.

Are there no alternative ways to organize a match between a fighter from M-1 and UFC?

Finkelstein: Not yet. It is unclear what the UFC is waiting for. Maybe for Fedor to get old. It's no secret that Lesnar - the usual over-hyped character, whose opponents are carefully selected - take a look at his results and compare them with Fedor's record... Notice the difference? But in the UFC they do not notice that and constantly talk about how their fighters are the best in the world.

Tony
15-03-2010, 09:29
met andere woorden..... Fedor zal nooit in een UFC event knokken...

PERIOD!

bryan
15-03-2010, 12:15
echt beetje zonde.. zonder fedor heeft M-1 niet eens bestaansrecht.. als hij stopt met vechten dan is het klaar.. als ik dana zou zijn zou ik ook echt niet van co promotor willen weten.. dan maar zonder fedor.. beetje jammer dat dit M-1 gezeik en vooral zijn manager nog wel eens een vuiltje op zijn legacy kan worden.. echt zonde want hij kan ze allemaal , wel met moeite, hebben.. en nu missen we de mooiste HW partijen door management... lijkt wel weer boksen nu..

micha
15-03-2010, 12:21
echt beetje zonde.. zonder fedor heeft M-1 niet eens bestaansrecht.. als hij stopt met vechten dan is het klaar.. als ik dana zou zijn zou ik ook echt niet van co promotor willen weten.. dan maar zonder fedor.. beetje jammer dat dit M-1 gezeik en vooral zijn manager nog wel eens een vuiltje op zijn legacy kan worden.. echt zonde want hij kan ze allemaal , wel met moeite, hebben.. en nu missen we de mooiste HW partijen door management... lijkt wel weer boksen nu..

idd stel nou dat Fedor niet meer kan vechten. wie hebben ze dan nog?

bryan
15-03-2010, 12:34
idd stel nou dat Fedor niet meer kan vechten. wie hebben ze dan nog?

een paar vage russen... volgens mij valt de rest gewoon onder strikeforce.. vooral nu dat mousasi weg is..

beetje ruk dat M-1 en fedor alleen samen gaan... fedor is volgens mij ook deels eigenaar.. maar goed maakt hem volgens mij alleen eigenaar van zichzelf.. want voor de rest stelt M-1 geen moer voor..