PDA

View Full Version : Fedor vs. Werdum confirmed for Strikeforce in June

Harrie Nak
24-03-2010, 10:13
The speculation about the return of Fedor Emelianenko has been running rampant ever since the Russian heavyweight was not one of the fighters scheduled to compete on the upcoming Strikeforce on CBS show on April 17.

The former Pride champion has been rumored to face former UFC fighter Fabricio Werdum for months, while new rumors have popped up saying he will next compete in Japan against Hidehiko Yoshida in his retirement match.

Strikeforce president Scott Coker addressed the rumors and put to bed much of the speculation around where Fedor would be fighting next when he spoke to reporters following Dream 13 on Monday in Japan.

"M-1 Global and Strikeforce entered into a three fight contract exclusive for Fedor to fight in a co-promotion between Strikeforce and M-1 Global, and as you know we did the first fight on Nov 7 in Chicago," said Coker.

"Fedor is now scheduled to fight in June towards the end of the month in America against Fabricio Werdum."

With the fight with Werdum now confirmed, the only thing left remaining is if Fedor could actually be able to fight Yoshida in Japan, and as of right now it doesn't sound like that is likely to happen.

"I've heard the rumors as well, and as I know more I will let the media know in American, and let the media know here, but I believe that's just a rumor," Coker said when speaking about the fight with Fedor and Yoshida.

Now that some of the questions have been answered, the only thing looming overhead is when Fedor could possibly compete for the Strikeforce heavyweight title, which is currently held by Alistair Overeem.

Overeem will fight Brett Rogers on May 15 in St. Louis, but there has been no final word from Strikeforce if the heavyweight belt will be on the line or not.Bron (http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=11040&zoneid=13).

micha
24-03-2010, 10:40
and the story continues......

Fedor vs Alistair is july/aug dan?

Garcia
24-03-2010, 12:29

Beetje erg kort na z'n gevecht met Wedrum vind je niet? Ik denk dat je er minimaal 2 a 3 maanden tussen mag doen ;)

cafejolanda.nl
24-03-2010, 12:43
Gerucht of Confirmed? Eerst zien op de website van Strikeforce, dan geloven...

hendriks
24-03-2010, 12:47
Snap er niks meer van??hoe zat het met de vermeende blessure van fedor

steftheboxer
24-03-2010, 12:48
volgens mij is het confirmed! Ben heel benieuwd maar denk dat Werdum een maatje te klein is voor Fedor. Op de grond zijn ze gelijkwaardig maar in de stand up wordt Werdum gesloopt..

ondiep
24-03-2010, 12:51
volgens mij is het confirmed! Ben heel benieuwd maar denk dat Werdum een maatje te klein is voor Fedor. Op de grond zijn ze gelijkwaardig maar in de stand up wordt Werdum gesloopt..

X2 Fedor gaat hem opeten! :thup:

Ivo C.
24-03-2010, 13:10
we sit and wait...

24-03-2010, 13:59

die partij komt er nooit

Sendur
24-03-2010, 14:00
Even afwachten dus.

Ben wel echt weer pumped om Fedor in actie te zien!

ondiep
24-03-2010, 14:02
die partij komt er nooit

Never say never ;)

Petrosyan188
24-03-2010, 14:53

nou dat is lekker zeg.... mag fedor gelijk een aantal weken erna tegen een 100%fitte alistair en als je de gemiddelde 3maanden bijhaalt is het september maar dan kan ali weer niet vanwege k-1 last 16 en daarna kan hij weer niet vanwege de finals....(van uitgaande dat hij last 16 doorkomt) en dan is het weer 2011 en krijgen we weer BB die zeikt dat het allemaal fedor z'n schuld was

wrestler_nl
24-03-2010, 14:57

lol laat overeem maar eerst op Rogers focussen want Brett gaat hem KO slaan denk ik!
anyway Fedor vs werdum is :thup:

marcelt
24-03-2010, 18:04
Eindelijk; kan niet wachten, alhoewel ik hem liever gelijk tegen Alistiair had gezien!

Slome
24-03-2010, 20:13
we sit and wait...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/319848/fedor.dogs.jpg

Sendur
25-03-2010, 00:35
vette foto!

Kemal
25-03-2010, 07:52
Ik heb wel weer zin om Fedor weer te zien knallen...

Marquis
25-03-2010, 08:01
Ach ja ik neem al dat nieuws van SF al lang niet meer serieus als het om haar gevechten gaat wat in de planning staat.

Eerst zien dan geloven !

Harrie Nak
25-03-2010, 09:06
Werdum over het gevecht:

Fabricio Werdum will be Fedor Emelianenko’s next opponent in Strikeforce, confirmed Scott Coker this morning. The fight, scheduled to June, is Fedor’s seventh battle against Brazilian fighters. “People say I have no chance, but I‘m training and I’ll defeat Fedor”, promises Werdum, to TATAME.com.

In the interview to TATAME.com, Werdum commented his strategy. “I already have a strategy for this fight. I can’t get a guy like Fedor in the arm. If I get his arm, he won’t tap, neither in the leg. But I have the way to do it,” guarantees, keeping it in secret. “I’ll make history in MMA. I already defeated Fedor’s brother, a guy who’s great on boxing, but he didn’t punch me once. I made a pure jiu-jitsu, took him down and submitted him”.