PDA

View Full Version : Aoki: Do you guys think we should switch to a cage?

Harrie Nak
02-05-2010, 18:29
Een vertaling van wat Aoki zei in zijn optreden in een talkshow (http://www.dreamofficial.com/free/news/detail.php?id=1272742004) gisteren...

Over zijn gevecht tegen Melendez:

You know, I've heard some people say that Aoki lost because it was his first time fighting overseas in a cage. I'm not willing to hear that. I knew the conditions going into the fight and it was my decision to fight. I lost because I'm not good enough.

To make excuses about the cage, the rules, fighting in the US... that's not cool. It just tries to take away from Melendez, doesn't it? I really hate that. It's actually quite simple. I lost because I'm not good enough.

MMA is a relative thing. If you put pressure on your opponent you can dictate what happens. For example, if I'm fighting someone better than me, the opponent can put pressure on me. That results in me not being able to do what I want. Therefore, I know that I should try a left kick to the body, but I can't. That's something that Kitaoka-san and I talked a lot about.

He said, "He (Melendez) was able to control the distance better and pressure you. You have to get him next time." In simple terms, my opponent was better than me.Over hoe nu verder te gaan:

I did everything I needed to do in preparation for the fight. I did everything that was good for my body and nothing that was bad. I did all the necessary things and the staff backed me up 100%. Under those conditions, I went into the fight, gave it my all until the end and didn't give up. Of course I'm disappointed in the result, but don't have any regrets. It is what it is.

In a way I feel refreshed. Now I will think about what I need to do to improve. There's no need to get all negative. I'll do anything to get better. Right now all I am thinking about is "let's do this!".Over "cage vs. ring" en MMA regels:

Do you guys think we should switch to the cage? I'll explain my opinion. Let's say we switch to a cage. What would be the reason to switch? Is it to win in the US?

OK, so let's say we use a cage and the unified rules. Would you all come to see it? Do you know the US rules? They use a ten-point must system. So even if you see a round as 10 to 9.9, you have to score it a 10 to 9 round. If all three rounds are 10 to 9.9, the final score would be 30 to 27. Do you understand that? In a sport where people want to see a slugfest, would you still come see the fights under those rules?

Let me ask you this now. Why is it that the unified rules are based on US rules? Because it's a business. The UFC has the biggest bank account. So if we change our rules to make them the same as their, do you think we can grow our business bigger than theirs? Strikeforce and the UFC use different rules. You can use elbows on the ground in Strikeforce.

If Saeki-san (DEEP representative) had the deepest pockets, the unified rules would be based on DEEP's rules. Having said that, what I think is that Japan should keep it's originality. At the end of the day, I'm a PRIDE fanatic so I like the PRIDE rules with stomps allowed.

I don't want people to misunderstand me. People may think that Japan is avoiding to use the rules used in the US. That's not true. I will absolutely never give up in beating them. It's something that I feel I must do.http://www.deep2001.com/blog2/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/p1030149.JPG

universele
02-05-2010, 19:38
Bedankt,
Aoki rulez

Groundwork
02-05-2010, 20:40
Aoki zie ik ook graag bezig!