PDA

View Full Version : Paul Daley already has a PPV fight lined up this summer - other offers on the table

Harrie Nak
13-05-2010, 09:17
"That's it. All over. I got my walking papers [from the UFC] this morning and I am glad that things are now official. It's a shame things went the way they did, but on the brighter side of things it opens up a lot more doors for me. I am fighting on a pay-per-view show in Australia on July 3 with a lot of other big names, and I have other offers in the pipeline... My plan is to string a couple of fights together before the end of the summer and hopefully get on one of the grand prix shows. We're currently talking to both Dream and Sengoku about getting a slot on their shows and there are some really good fighters there I can match-up with. They must understand that as a fighter I have to earn a living. This is my livelihood and if I have to serve a suspension before I fight again in North America then I will, I have no qualms about that, but I need to earn a living now... Boxing is still an option. One of my training partners is Rendall Munroe and his trainer is currently speaking to [boxing promoter] Frank Maloney on my behalf. I want to do both, fight MMA and get my boxing up to speed, but I want to do them concurrently... Stranger things have happened, aside from Dan [Hardy], there isn't many exciting fighters there in that weight class. Although a fantastic athlete, George St-Pierre and Josh Koscheck isn't really going to be that exciting as they are both wrestlers. Maybe in the future they will need a striker to come in an shake things up. Until then, there are plenty of guys for me to fight. Where to start? K.J. Noons, Nick Diaz, Jay Hieron, Joe Riggs..."Bron (http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=11486&zoneid=13).

Hij heeft het over 3 juli, maar volgens mij bedoelt hij 10 juli... het IFC event in Brisbane waar Josh Barnett ook zal vechten.

wrestler_nl
13-05-2010, 11:10
Ik ben benieuwd