PDA

View Full Version : Overeem: "Fedor is the name to beat and I am the chosen one who can do this"

Harrie Nak
13-05-2010, 13:40
Alistair Overeem has a hit list and after he puts away Brett Rogers, he has his sights set on only one fighter: Fedor Emelianenko.

With Overeem just days away from his first title defense of the Strikeforce heavyweight belt, the Dutch fighter respects the opponent he's about to face on May 15, but doesn't see much struggle in getting past him.

Once he is past him, Overeem says Fedor and his management team have no excuses left and must face him and settle it in the cage once and for all.

As for Brett Rogers getting a shot at his title, he simply says they pay me to fight, and that's what I'm going to do.

"I am a pro fighter. I have signed several contracts through my management with different promoters and I fight if the price is right. I would have wanted to fight against Fedor, but I guess his management has other ‘priorities’ for him," said Overeem in an interview with MMAWeekly.com "So I will prove to the world after I win against Rogers that Fedor must accept the fight with me."

What is the ultimate hold-up in Overeem facing Fedor? Is it Strikeforce? Is it Fedor himself? Overeem chalks it up to one word.

"Politics," Overeem answered. "I am the current champion, but the management of Fedor said no."

Overeem went on to explain the backtalk and harsh words that came from Fedor's manager, Vadim Finkelstein, and that when he beats Rogers they will have no choice but to sign for the fight that he's been requesting for over a year.

"This Vadim guy apologized to me. First Vadim said he did not say those things he said about me then some reporter from sports.ru taped the conversation and brought the tape out in the open," Overeem revealed. "It made him look like a fool and he apologized.

"It says something about the level of management. Fedor proved himself as the best, but he has not been really fighting a lot in the last years because of bad management. I have fighting rhythm and got stronger and competed also in the best stand-up league in the world and got a third place at the WGP K-1 finals in 2009, something Fedor never did."

After the fight with Rogers, Overeem hopes to compete in Strikeforce at least two more times this year, but will also fight for K-1 at the end of September and December in their tournament.

And while the Dutch wrecking machine understands that Rogers does pose danger to him, like any fighter in MMA, he also knows that he has the perfect weapons to dispose of Fedor Emelianenko and that's his final goal.

"He is big and has a strong punch, but I have fought way better and stronger opponents than him. I do not see much problems for me in this fight," Overeem said about Rogers. "(Fedor) is the name to beat and I am the chosen one who can do this."Bron (http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=11473&zoneid=2).

arabic-sniper
13-05-2010, 14:24
Dat zijn een hoop praatjes, eerst maar langs Rogers komen voordat je over Fedor begint!

wrestler_nl
13-05-2010, 14:53
Overeem zal nooit meer aan Fedor denken nadat hij door Rogers ko geslagen is!

Vinand
13-05-2010, 16:25
brett Roger < ali

Pepe the Ice-Murderer
13-05-2010, 16:26
Aha! Nu wordt alles me duidelijk, the chosen one... Alistair Overeem is..... NEO!
Lol, Eerst focussen op Rogers, dan naar Fedor toe werken.

phranq
13-05-2010, 16:33
Overeem zal nooit meer aan Fedor denken nadat hij door Rogers ko geslagen is!

Het zit je nogal diep geloof ik? Wat heb je tegen Overeem?

The Bulldog
13-05-2010, 16:40
Allistair moet Rogers kunnen ownen....

maar die gast slaat vies hard..... dus blijft vreselijk gevaarlijk.....

Sluwe Fox
13-05-2010, 17:44
ik hoop zo vanuit mijn tenen dat overeem wint op een mooie KO maar ben bang dat het andersom word. Ik hoop echt dat ik ongelijk heb. Daarnaast heb ik gehoord van betrouwbare bronnen dat alistair flink is afgevallen en flink wat spier massa kwijt is geraakt, dit kan een vechter mentaal breken. Maar goed aan de andere kant hoor ik dat ie hard traint en tijdens het sparren vol voor de KO gaat.

K-1sunstarr
13-05-2010, 18:45
Ik hoop echt dat Ali Rogers KO slaat.
We moeten met z'n alleen ons landgenoot supporten.
Dat doen de Amerikanen ook.
Dus war Ali.

Jurriaan
13-05-2010, 18:58
als iemand t kan dan is alistair het laten we hopen dat het hem gaat lukken:D
als het gevecht dan ooit doorgaat

The Bulldog
13-05-2010, 19:44
afgevallen ja? dat kan een goed teken zijn ..... goeie cardio........ en spier uithoudingsvermogen....meer snelheid.......Kracht heeft ie toch meer dan zat....

Tja ik dacht laat ik het eens positief zien ipv ........ dit kan een vechter mentaal breken?????? je zegt het net....vechter.....die doet wat die moet doen om te winnen..... die kg vreet hij er wel weer aan als ie klaar met de partij is....

Kemal
14-05-2010, 10:07
WAR ALI-O !!

wrestler_nl
14-05-2010, 13:10
Het zit je nogal diep geloof ik? Wat heb je tegen Overeem?

Ik weet het niet lool .
Er zijn bepaalde vechters die ik absoluut niet mag en Overeem is er 1tje van , zoals sommige mensen Koscheck of Lesnar etc niet mogen, mag ik Alistair niet.
Hij is wel een goede vechter dat kan ik niet ontkennen maar ik hoop gewoon dat Rogers wint!

dirk5
14-05-2010, 13:17
Wil een van de Rogers fans er een signature bet aan wagen?

punch
14-05-2010, 13:35
Ik hoop ook dat Overeem Rogers overtuigend verslaat zodat Fedor tegen hem moet vechten, maar Rogers blijft een gevaarlijke MF:blush: met eeen harde ko stoot.:pimp: