PDA

View Full Version : Dutch promoter Rutz talks Strikeforce and M-1

GerritTonijn
23-05-2010, 11:08
Europe's It's Showtime has grown to become the clear-cut #2 worldwide kickboxing organization behind K-1. They've been extremely busy this year, with a number of strong cards, and look to keep that momentum going with their huge May 29 event at the Amsterdam ArenA, featuring Badr Hari, Melvin Manhoef, Daniel Ghita, and an all around ridiculous stacked line-up. We spoke with It's Showtime CEO and Founder Simon Rutz about what's next for the company.

headkicklegend.com: First things first, we have heard a very exciting rumor that I would love to get your comment on. Sources have indicated that It's Showtime may be partnering with Strikeforce in order to bring kickboxing to the US as part of Strikeforce shows. This would be a huge move for It's Showtime into the US market, and a great increase in kickboxing exposure here. Is this true? Can you give us any details about this?

Simon Rutz: The relation between Strikeforce and IT'S SHOWTIME is good and of course sometimes we speak about the possibility to cooperate more than we do now. But Strikeforce and IT'S SHOWTIME are really busy at this moment with their own events, so it is something for the future. In the future Strikeforce wants to run shows in Europe, and they have asked me if I can help them with that. And of course that is not a problem.

headkicklegend.com: If you do work with Strikeforce, that would mean you are on shows involving M-1, Vadim Finkelstein, and the management of Fedor Emelianenko. I know Fedor's team and your organization have a history together - how would you feel about working with them in Strikeforce?

Simon Rutz: I shall never work with Apy Echteld. So long as Echteld is involved with M-1, IT'S SHOWTIME shall never work with them. I never understand why Vadim Finkelstein works with this man. I have known Vadim for many, many years now, and I have never had a problem with him. But Apy Echteld is a different story. A few years ago, Echteld try to hire a hitman to kill a person I know very well. Apy Echteld is very bad for the sport, and I hope that he is soon in prison. IT'S SHOWTIME will work with Strikeforce, but not with M-1. I think the only reason why Strikeforce is working with M-1 is because of Fedor Emelianenko.

headkicklegend.com: Last question - last time we spoke you said "in 2011 we will introduce something new for our organization, but for now I can say nothing about that." Any hints for us about what this will be, or anything else you want to share about what fans can look forward to from It's Showtime?

Simon Rutz: May 29th we announce everything in the Amsterdam ArenA, and believe me it is big, big news!

Disclaimer: Simon Rutz's above comments in relation to Apy Etcheld do not reflect the opinions of HKL or SBN and are unsubstantiated rumors at best. HKL is merely reporting the substance of the interview with Simon Rutz, as his views are a matter of public interest in the world of combat sports.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/384844/rutz2_large.jpg

hele verhaal hiero

It's Showtime's Simon Rutz Talks Amsterdam, Strikeforce, Petrosyan, M-1 and Much More - Head Kick Legend (http://www.headkicklegend.com/2010/5/10/1466747/its-showtimes-simon-rutz-talks)

Ger Maan
23-05-2010, 11:51
Ik kijk vol spanning uit naar deel 2 van het feuilleton 'Cowboys op Klompen' van Paul Vugts ....

Jeru
23-05-2010, 12:01
Gaan we weer.....

Dit vind ik een stuk interessanter

One last question about Amsterdam - we're big supporters of Giorgio Petrosyan, and were sad to see him drop out. How is Petrosyan's recovery going? Will we see him in the MAX Grand Prix this year?

The plan is that he can fight again in July. He had a lot of problems with his hand and I hope that everything is OK by July. If he fights in the K-1 MAX Grand Prix depends if K-1 pays his prize money from last year, because K-1 hasn't done that yet!

Speaking of the Grand Prix, you mentioned that Petrosyan, Drago, Chahid, and Pajonsuk will be in the MAX GP this year. Are they all set to participate as part of the Final 16 or will any of them be in a reserve fight? Any more It's Showtime fighters confirmed for MAX?

If K-1 still lives, then those four fighters are fighting in the Final 16. The only reason Giorgio Petrosyan would not be fighting there is if K-1 doesn't pays his prize money from last year. So far, we have just these 4 fighters in the Final 16, but we have more than 10 other fighters at 70 kilo who are at this level.

Gaat lekker met de K-1 als ze het nog niet eens hebben betaald... waarom boycot It's Showtime dan niet gewoon geheel de Max? Zelf een leuk toernooitje opzetten voor de concurrentie kan geen kwaad lijkt me. Vooral niet als het in Nederland wordt gehouden ;)

Irishrover
23-05-2010, 12:02
Natuurlijk heel goed nieuws dat hij het kickboxen & onze o.a onze wilt introduceren in de VS.

Maar dat is een issue voor later, eerst gaat onze oom Simon ons hier in NL verwennen met hele mooie partijen.

XanaduNL
23-05-2010, 12:22
Ik zou zweren dat dit ik dit al eerder gelezen heb ergens. :O