PDA

View Full Version : Cro Cop Says He’s Retiring

Slome
15-06-2010, 23:34
Cro Cop Says He’s Retiring

****SPOILERS UFC 115***

Would you rather be remembered at your worst or at your best?

Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filipovic says he’s retiring from fighting following his win over Pat Barry at UFC 115 on Saturday night. It may not have been his grreatest performance , but it was certainly his best recent performance and his best showing in the UFC.
http://squabbles.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/crocop-stomp-300x289.jpg

“In addition to winning the Pride Grand Prix Finals, it’s my favorite fight of my career [but] most of the training proved to me that I am now too old for this…I don’t know about a new contract with the UFC. I believe that I gave this game a lot, I fought with the greatest fighters,” he told Croatian news site Jutarnji (http://www.jutarnji.hr/-nemam-vise-motiva--zazelio-sam-se-civilnog-zivota-/831185/)

“For 20 years I lived this life and now I have no motivation for the fight, no mental strength for all the Spartan training. I am no longer so hungry for victory. I will not stop training, but if I am asleep I’ll stay in bed and practice an hour later.”

Filipovic said he may now hit the seminar circuit and share his skills and MMA knowledge with fans and fighters around the world. “I have some contacts around the seminar circuit in the U.S., Australia, Europe and even Brazil,” he said.

The Croatian kickboxer got the Submission of the Night bonus – and $85,000 – for his win over Pat Barry.

He used a rear naked choke to submit him in the third round. While it was the fourth submission win on his record it was actually only the second time he has ever used an actual submission technique to win a bout.

GerritTonijn
15-06-2010, 23:35
goedzo

15-06-2010, 23:40
wijs en eerlijk besluit....... maar wel jammer

el mustafa
16-06-2010, 02:50
laat dit niet waar zijn, zou hem heel graag willen zien in londen of oberhausen, please mirko , nog 1 x schitteren!!!

Slome
16-06-2010, 02:58
ben dr achter dat dit een repost is..... SLOTJE dan maar...

CC vocht UFC 99 in keulen -vs. al Turk.....

Marco
16-06-2010, 09:00
had hem toch nog wel graag in de k1 willen zien.

Vinand
16-06-2010, 11:55
Cro cop is mijn favoriete vechter... Dit is echt jammer... Ik zal dit nooit vergeten: right high kick hospital, left high kick cemetry. Ik zie cro cop als de op een na (fedor) grootste vechter ooit.

redjuh
16-06-2010, 14:09
bull shit. niet na wat hij zei in de post fight pc

wrestler_nl
16-06-2010, 19:20
ik geloof het niet