PDA

View Full Version : Fedor: I am more and more thinking about retiring

GerritTonijn
20-06-2010, 17:05
MiddleEasy.com | Here's the part M-1 Global did NOT translate: Fedor is seriously considering retirement (http://www.middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2413:heres-the-part-m-1-global-did-not-translate-fedor-is-seriously-considering-retirement&catid=36:fighters)

redjuh
20-06-2010, 17:12
omdat ie niet tegen overeem wil zeker.

wrestler_nl
20-06-2010, 17:50
omdat ie niet tegen overeem wil zeker.

En jij kan zeker niet lezen. Na Werdum heeft hij nog 1 gevecht over op z'n conract dus als hij wint van Fabricio Werdum dan vecht hij tegenover Overeem.

cholitzu
20-06-2010, 17:53
Deze post stond eronder:

I speak Russian fluently. First time I listened to the call, I didn't catch that because Fedor mumbled it out. Until I saw the actual words in Russian on your site I couldn't make out that sentence. I can see why Bash didn't translate it. Sometimes it's hard to make out things over a telephone speaker. Also he did say that he has no plans to retire soon multiple times. He is only considering the possibility, but has no solid plan to do so.

redjuh
20-06-2010, 18:00
kan wel lezen, heb t alleen niet gedaan

GerritTonijn
20-06-2010, 18:00

lol

wrestler_nl
20-06-2010, 18:01

lol okay fair enough hahaha

Harrie Nak
21-06-2010, 23:20
After 10 years of professional competition, Fedor Emelianenko has reached a pinnacle that few athletes ever achieve: near universal recognition as the most dominant champion in the history of his sport.

Of course, with great success comes great expectations, and "The Last Emperor" is no stranger to the fickle passions of fans.

Currently going into the last two fights of a three-fight Strikeforce contract, Emelianenko has probably been at the center of more heated debate than any other fighter in MMA, concerning both his recent level of competition and his relationship with his management company, M-1 Global. Much of the discussion inevitably leads to one topic: how would Emelianenko fare in the UFC, which arguably features the deepest heavyweight talent pool in the world?

Of course, there's only one way to know the answer to this question for sure, and so far Emelianenko isn't taking the bait.

In fact, rather than showing any desire to test himself in the last arena he hasn't conquered and end the controversy once and for all, Emelianenko (31-1 1 NC) seems content to simply keep winning.

Emelianenko currently has only one official loss on his record, a TKO to Tsuyoshi Kohsaka back in 2000, but it came about as a result of a cut stoppage from an illegal elbow and its legitimacy is often questioned.

"I'd like to finish my career without any losses and at that point we'll see what God has planned for me," said Emelianenko in a conference call to promote his June 26th fight with Fabricio Werdum. "While I'm an athlete and while I'm fighting I will not pursue a career in politics. What happens after that we'll see. But I don't have an intention to do both at the same time."

Although "The Last Emperor's" disavowal of any immediate desire to pursue a career in politics will come as a relief to his many fans, there seems to be little doubt that the clock is ticking on the remainder of his MMA career. It's a fact that Fedor himself is quick to admit, saying that he takes his career these days one fight at a time.

"I do feel that there is a pressure and a demand for me to keep fighting and for me to keep getting back into the ring," Emelianenko stated. "Right now I'm OK with that and after each fight I balance whether I should continue or whether I should stop. Until I feel that I am not effective or not getting out of the sport what I want then I will make the decision to stop."

For now, Emelianenkowould rather focus on his upcoming fight with former Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world champion Fabricio Werdum (13-4-1) at Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum on June 26.
"I don't want to look too far ahead," Emelianenko said. "Right now I'm just looking forward to this fight with Fabricio Werdum. Right now we have two more fights left with this relationship (with Strikeforce) and if everything goes well and we feel good about the relationship I don't see why we wouldn't want to extend that."

Strangely enough, despite his undisputed qualifications for a title shot, Emelianenko has not yet faced the current Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem. It's a match-up that fans would love to see, and along with a purely hypothetical fight with Brock Lesnar was a topic that the Russian superstar was happy to comment on.

"Size and strength doesn't always define the ability for a fighter to perform in the cage," Emelianenko stated. "These particular fighters are all some of the top heavyweights in the world and I have seen their fights and they all perform extremely well and have a lot of talents. But size does not define how well they would perform against me."

For "The Last Emperor", the qualities that define a great fighter go beyond the skills they display in competition.

"I think what defines a great fighter is someone who performs well in the cage," Emelianenko said. "Someone who makes the right decisions during fights; fights fair and respects the sport and as a result gains the respect and the admiration of true fans of the sport of mixed martial arts. Someone who shows good skill and technique and preparation for a fight. Not someone who just relies only on his strength and size but also their abilities in the fight."Bron (http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Fedor-Emelianenko-Id-like-to-finish-my-career-without-any-losses.html).

El Bambino
22-06-2010, 09:16
De man is op leeftijd, hoeft zich niks meer te bewijzen. Dat Overeem zo een haast heeft om tegen fedor te vechten roept veel vragen op natuurlijk, men zegt dat als je aan de verboden drank zit je maar een paar jaar hebt te gaan, daarna is het over. Wellcuiht vandaar die haast van Overeem??