PDA

View Full Version : FEDOR NOT WORRIED WHAT DANA WHITE, OTHERS SAY

cholitzu
23-06-2010, 00:25
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - by Damon Martin - MMAWeekly.com

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/11807-FedorEmelianenko_strikeforce.jpg
The allure of Fedor Emelianenko as the top heavyweight in the sport is undeniable. UFC president Dana White has said on several occasions that he wants to sign the Russian fighter, but has never been able to come to an agreement with his management company, M-1 Global.

Words from White have also blasted those who consider Fedor the top pound-for-pound fighter in the world, while also stating he's not even the best heavyweight fighter right now.

On Friday, Fedor was in the United States answering questions from the media prior to his fight with Fabricio Werdum, and he says honestly he doesn't even pay attention to what White or others, like Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem, say about him.

He's got more important things on his mind.

"I'm more interested in spending quality time in my everyday life with my family and my friends than cruising the Internet, listening to rumors, or callouts," said Fedor.

The former Pride champion doesn't let White's comments get under his skin, and ultimately, even if it was a compliment, he tries not to listen to those sorts of things no matter who they come from.

"As far as my reaction, I don't have any reaction," Emelianenko stated. "I don't really have reactions to any compliments people tell me, nor criticism. It's not something that's that important to me. I have more important goals in my life than seeking out the Internet to see what people are saying about me."

Fedor admits that he does usually find out about the statements made by the UFC president, or opponents calling him out, but it's always second hand, and it's usually in one ear and out the other.

"I often get second hand information, friends or somebody will tell me about what people (say about me). I don't really pay attention to it or seek it out," said Fedor. "That's usually how I get information about what people are saying."

The message is clear.

If the world is talking about Fedor Emelianenko, good or bad, he's simply turned a deaf ear to it all, and doesn’t really care much to hear it anyways. That by no means the talk will stop, but Fedor won't be the one listening or reacting