PDA

View Full Version : Fedor: 'I'd like to finish without any losses'

Devilprince
23-06-2010, 10:39
"I'd like to finish my career without any losses and at that point we'll see what God has planned for me," said Emelianenko in a conference call to promote his June 26th fight with Fabricio Werdum. "While I'm an athlete and while I'm fighting I will not pursue a career in politics. What happens after that we'll see. But I don't have an intention to do both at the same time."

"I do feel that there is a pressure and a demand for me to keep fighting and for me to keep getting back into the ring. Right now I'm OK with that and after each fight I balance whether I should continue or whether I should stop. Until I feel that I am not effective or not getting out of the sport what I want then I will make the decision to stop."

"I don't want to look too far ahead. Right now I'm just looking forward to this fight with Fabricio Werdum. Right now we have two more fights left with this relationship (with Strikeforce) and if everything goes well and we feel good about the relationship I don't see why we wouldn't want to extend that."

"Size and strength doesn't always define the ability for a fighter to perform in the cage. These particular fighters are all some of the top heavyweights in the world and I have seen their fights and they all perform extremely well and have a lot of talents. But size does not define how well they would perform against me."

"I think what defines a great fighter is someone who performs well in the cage. Someone who makes the right decisions during fights; fights fair and respects the sport and as a result gains the respect and the admiration of true fans of the sport of mixed martial arts. Someone who shows good skill and technique and preparation for a fight. Not someone who just relies only on his strength and size but also their abilities in the fight."

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/245632/Fedor-Id-like-to-finish-without-any-losses/