PDA

View Full Version : Yoshihiro Akiyama: In the worst case, I will not take part in the UFC 116 event.

Devilprince
24-06-2010, 20:36
ith Wanderlei Silva forced out of UFC 116 due to an injury sustained in training, Yoshihiro Akiyama isn't too pleased he has to prepare for his new opponent, Chris Leben, on just ten days noticed:

"I am not pleased with the change. There are just ten days left until the contest for me to determine [Leben’s] threats and the time is insufficient to establish a tailored gameplan. Leben is also not as high-profile as [Wanderlei] Silva and that does not help me. If there is to be a replacement I was hoping for a big name. I spent one year preparing hard for this fight and this news has come as a big disappointment, my motivation has waned. I do not know yet what will happen ... In the worst case, I will not take part in the [UFC 116] event. We are working hard to resolve this issue."

MMA News - Yoshihiro Akiyama Not Happy Chris Leben Stepping In For Wand Silva (http://www.mmanews.com/news/88264)

remco pardoel
24-06-2010, 21:46
En gelijk heeft ie

Pahlavan
24-06-2010, 22:42
En gelijk heeft ie

x2

kan goed begrijpen dat hij hier niet op zit te wachten

YoMarK
25-06-2010, 00:39
Hij heeft gelijk, maar als het andersom was geweest had Wand gewoon tegen Leben gevochten.
Daarnaast moet Akiyama ook beseffen dat hij geen superstar is in de USA.

kooivechter
25-06-2010, 00:45
hummm probeer eerst maar te winnen van Leben, i.p.v tegen een grotere naam te willen. Hier gaat Akiyama zijn handen vol aan hebben