PDA

View Full Version : Fedor: "UFC will have the time and the opportunity to prepare and offer a contract"

Harrie Nak
24-06-2010, 21:47
Speciaal op verzoek van Dirk nog maar een topic over Fedor z'n toekomst. :)

How much longer do you think you'll continue fighting?

I cannot tell exactly. Everything will depend on how I feel. If I finish the contract and I find that I feel good, we will consider extending the contract. I would prefer to fight as long as possible, but everything will depend on how I feel.

You recently said that you are not a fan of the UFC and the way they portray the sport. Personally, I can't see a significant difference in the way Strikeforce portrays the sport and the way the UFC portrays it. Can you elaborate on what you meant there?

I did not want to offend the UFC in any way. What I meant is, I don't like to watch fights in general. My main concern is what kind of culture I bring, myself.

I don't know if you're aware of it, but MMA fans and even some promoters continue to debate whether you are the top heavyweight or the top pound-for-pound fighter. Does it matter at all to you whether people see you this way?

First of all, let me say that this does not affect me at all in any way. As long as I remember myself, it will always work out. It has always been for me that some fighters would appear and people would want to see me in matches against these fighters. That will always happen. As for the UFC, when my contract with Strikeforce is over – I have two fights left on my contract – the UFC will have the time and the opportunity to prepare and offer a contract that may be interesting to me.Hele interview staat hier (http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/06/24/interview-fedor-emelianenko-talks-future-with-strikeforce-reti/).