PDA

View Full Version : Vuvuzelas geboden op ufc 116

sergio2285
01-07-2010, 09:39
In what's likely more of a good-natured publicity stunt than a vital new policy, UFC officials today announced a ban of vuvuzelas at this weekend's UFC 116 event.

Vuvuzelas are horn-shaped noisemakers popularized (and perhaps overused) during this year's FIFA World Cup.

UFC president Dana White is credited with implementing the ban.

"This decision was pretty simple for me," White stated. "Vuvuzelas make the most horrific sound I've ever heard. I'd rather let Brock punch me in the face than hear 15,000 people blow on those things.

"This is the biggest heavyweight fight we’ve ever done. We'll make enough noise this weekend when Brock (Lesnar) and Shane (Carwin) finally step inside the Octagon."

UFC 116 takes place Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Two preliminary-card fights air on Spike TV, and the night's main card – including a heavyweight title-unification bout between champ Lesnar and interim title-holder Carwin – airs on pay-per-view.

Throughout this year's World Cup, vuvuzelas, which are usually made of plastic and a couple feet long, have come under heavy criticism because of their annoyance to live and TV audiences. Coaches and players have also complained about how they make it difficult to communicate during the matches.

Although many other sports organizations and individual franchises have banned their use in the wake of World Cup complaints, vuvuzelas are still allowed at the soccer matches.

Fyodor
01-07-2010, 09:55
Terecht hoor. Die krengen maken een afschuwelijk geluid en horen eerder in een voetbalstadion thuis dan bij een UFC evenement.

XanaduNL
01-07-2010, 10:07
Jammer, maar terecht.

Het is trouwens "verboden", niet "geboden". :P

steftheboxer
01-07-2010, 10:52
ik bied € 15

Sadix
01-07-2010, 11:30
20 en niet meer.

Lionheart
01-07-2010, 12:39
21,50,-!

Verkocht?!?

Iwan
01-07-2010, 12:46
Ik bied 25.00 als jij de verzendkosten betaald!