PDA

View Full Version : Alistair Overeem and DREAM 15: No Arlovski, no title, no 'Demolition Man'

Devilprince
06-07-2010, 20:00
"I knew Dream wanted me on the show, but I didn't want to go back in training preparation. Then, they offered me a fight against Andrei Arlovski for the Dream heavyweight title. As I have said on occasions, fighting for a belt means something more, and I wanted that Dream title so much that so as a result, I agreed to lay off my media and holiday plans, and went back to training. During my training I found out that Andrei Arlovski was not going to be my opponent, and they changed opponents numerous times. I've heard names like Tim Sylvia and Minowa. At one point, I received notice that they had found a opponent but that the Dream heavyweight title was not on the line anymore. With all the changes and the title fight no longer a possibility, I simply had to turn down the opportunity. I want to make it very clear that I never verbally agreed to fight (Ricco Rodriguez) and I never signed a contract with Dream to fight him. I feel very sorry for (the Rodriguez camp) if they still think the fight is on, and I apologize to my fans that have bought a ticket to see me compete. I hope this statement has shed some light on the unfortunate situation."

MMA Mania - UFC blog for UFC news, results, videos, rumors, fights, pics and tickets (http://www.mmamania.com/)