PDA

View Full Version : Lyoto Machida ready to fight the best, whoever it is, at 205 pounds

Devilprince
07-07-2010, 10:53
"He told me now he feels like a complete fighter. He knows what it's like to win, he knows what it's like to be a champion, and now he knows what it's like to lose. He feels like a complete fighter, and I know without a doubt he's going to come back a better fighter, and it's just a matter of time before he has that belt around his waist again.... He's out here training, we're ready to go right now. He's ready to fight whoever, he wants to fight the best too ... he'll fight whoever. When the UFC is ready, they'll give us that shot. We'd love to fight him right now, but whoever the UFC gives us is fine."

Devilprince
07-07-2010, 10:56
Lyoto Machida's manager Ed Soares told MMAWeekly.com this week about Lyoto Machida's future intentions:

"He's out here training, we're ready to go right now," said Soares. "He's ready to fight whoever, he wants to fight the best too."

A few different names have been mentioned as possible opponents, including Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Forrest Griffin, while there are others that intrigue the former champion as well.

One name that popped up was former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin, who just knocked out Chuck Liddell in June, and could be looking for a big fight at 205 pounds. Franklin and Machida actually fought in 2003 in Japan in what was Machida's third professional fight.

"That could be a big fight," Soares said about a fight with Franklin. "At the end of the day that's the first guy who gave Rich Franklin his first loss, maybe Rich Franklin would like to avenge that. That could be a good fight."

"You know what I think would be interesting is how about a Vitor Belfort?" said Soares. "Vitor Belfort/Lyoto Machida? I think Vitor now will get another fight before he fights Anderson Silva. Put it this way, anything can happen, you never know."

MMA News - Lyoto Machida Ready To Return, Has List Of Opponents (http://www.mmanews.com/news/88321)

Ivo C.
07-07-2010, 11:14
Well he just fought the best and he had his ass handed out to him...

SanderM
07-07-2010, 13:18
Lol productpositionering noemen ze dat geloof ik. :) Gewoon weer even de aandacht opvragen.
Anyway, zou Belfort/Machida toch wel iets kunnen worden!

dark
07-07-2010, 13:59
Zie Franklin niets inbrengen tegen Macida.

Petrosyan188
07-07-2010, 14:07
ik zou echt heel graag(misschien komt die er toch ooit) machida vs mousasi weet niet waarom maar ik denk dat dat een knalpartij wordt

sebastiaan
07-07-2010, 14:10
Machida is en blijft een absolute topper, denk dat hij en shogun lang de boven laag van de UFC zullen domineren.

universele
07-07-2010, 14:34
Machida is een goede vechter maar ik hoop dat Shogun lang champ blijft.
Dat hij mooie winst partijen tegen rampage, sugar rashad, A. Silva en nog een keer machida mag draaien.
Wie er nog meer langs komen maakt me niet uit.
Wie weet Mousasi als hij overstapt naar UFC, Zal dan een keer hopen dat shogun verliest. ;)

Djani
07-07-2010, 15:08
Well he just fought the best and he had his ass handed out to him...

on a silver platter

superfreak
07-07-2010, 15:16
Mousasi vs Machida is zeker een gevecht wat je wil zien. Hoeveel gevechten heeft Mousasi nog op z'n strikeforce/dream contract. Voor hem om de overstap naar UFC te maken moeten ze ook wel een zuiver contract voor hem onderhandelen. Hij vecht in 2010 al zo meer dan 5 keer schijnt. Daar gaat UFC niet over heen kunnen volgens mij.
Om een sterke onderhandelings positie te hebben moet hij al zo z'n belt terug zien te krijgen.

El Bambino
07-07-2010, 18:17
Machida is 2x gesloopt door Shogun dus de beste kan ie niet worden, de 2e na de beste wellicht.

goro
07-07-2010, 18:38
Machida is 2x gesloopt door Shogun dus de beste kan ie niet worden, de 2e na de beste wellicht.
Shogun is al gesloopt door Forrest dus de beste kan ie niet worden.