PDA

View Full Version : 77-year old jiu-jitsu grandma

Slome
09-07-2010, 02:21
77-year old jiu-jitsu grandmothers are the hottest trend this summer

When I think about grannies I don't picture armbars and inverted triangles. I picture little blue haired ladies who speak softly and wear ugly holiday themed sweaters with elastic waist pants that spend their days baking fruit cake. Then again, I never really had a granny so what do I know? However, I did have an Aunt who was a Vegas 'show girl' and an Uncle who I'm pretty sure has assumed a new identity under the federal witness protection program

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlzGw86BAvM&feature=player_embedded

There's a 77-year old granny in the UK named Ena Mallet who has just made jiu-jitsu history by becoming the first woman to earn a 7th dan black belt in 'spirit combat jiu-jitsu'. I'm not really familiar with 'spirit combat' but, apparently it involves grappling, boxing, karate and judo...which sort of sounds a bit like MMA. Ena started with karate back in 1979 and then began teaching spirit combat jiu jitsu in 1987. She says she can still "deal with any big bloke who comes along..." If that's the case, maybe she can be the next person to take on Cris Cyborg. Check out this Youtube video of ground and pound granny in action:

wnkede
09-07-2010, 11:05
prachtig!

PinPoint
09-07-2010, 11:37
prachtig, zeker!

effectief.......echt niet ;)

ijsblok
09-07-2010, 13:41
waarom heeft ze sokken aan??