PDA

View Full Version : Tito Ortiz Calls Out Forrest Griffin, Says Liddell Should Stay Retired

Devilprince
13-07-2010, 09:48
ollowing successful surgery on his neck, "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" Tito Ortiz has targeted a November return to the Octagon.

Ortiz has been on the shelf since suffering a neck injury while filming The Ultimate Fighter. Ortiz was scheduled to face Chuck Liddell at UFC 115 but pulled out of the bout.

Ortiz recently spoke his return and called out one of his former opponent, but not Chuck Liddell:

"The surgery went really, really well. I just started doing weight training so next week I start doing drills. I have to make sure I make the right steps for my future and my career. I hope I get the Chuck fight. As a fighter, I would love to kick his ass. As a human being, I don't think he should fight anymore just because health is more important than fights. Grudge matches are important to sell, but at the same time he has kids to take care of and I don't want nothin' serious to happen to him. (Getting knocked out) that many times, it gets kinda scary. I was really shocked (by the loss to Rich Franklin fight), I saw all my money go out the window. It is what it is, everything in this world happens for a reason and I'll be back at the end of November. I'd like to [fight] Forrest. If Forrest would like to do a trilogy it'd be awesome. We gave two great fights both times we fought and we'll get a triple fight more exciting than the last two."

MMA News - Tito Ortiz Calls Out Forrest Griffin, Says Liddell Should Stay Retired (http://www.mmanews.com/news/88366)

XanaduNL
13-07-2010, 11:14
Een trilogy lijkt me niet zo boeiend in dit geval. Geef hem een paar newbies, kijken of hij het nog kan.