PDA

View Full Version : Cobrinha vs Rafael Mendes zonder tijdslimiet.....!?

FightingDutchman
14-07-2010, 16:19
Een aantal anonieme sponsoren hebben interesse getoond om Rafael Medes en Rubens Cobrinha rond oktober tegen elkaar te laten vechten in een BJJ wedstrijd zonder tijdslimiet en zonder punten. Er zou alleen op submission gewonnen kunnen worden en voor de winnaar zou 10 duizend dollar klaar liggen. De verliezer blijft met lege handen (zie onderstaande artikelen).

http://www.graciemag.com/en/2010/07/exclusive-sponsors-want-to-back-cobrinha-versus-rafael-mendes-to-the-finish/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Graciemag+%28GRACIEMAG+Intern ational%29

http://www.graciemag.com/en/2010/07/mendes-vs-cobrinha-contact-with-athletes-made-and-gurgel-approves/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Graciemag+%28GRACIEMAG+Intern ational%29

Vision
14-07-2010, 16:39
Nice! Ik hoop dat ze dit gedaan krijgen...
Rafa en Cobrinha zijn aan mekaar gewaagd.

sprAe
14-07-2010, 17:42
Ik hoop dat het rond komt, een succes wordt en iets dat we vaker in bjj kunnen zien.

PinPoint
14-07-2010, 19:32
Dat kon wel eens heel lang duren. Persoonlijk zit ik er niet op te wachten om zo'n wedstrijd uit te zitten...

Vision
15-07-2010, 00:16
Cobrinha heeft al toegezegd.
Nu is het nog wachten op het antwoord van Rafa...

FightingDutchman
16-07-2010, 08:02
Cobrinha heeft al toegezegd.
Nu is het nog wachten op het antwoord van Rafa...

Rafael Mendes heeft inmiddels ook toegezegd maar wil alleen meedoen als hij meer betaald krijgt volgens Graciemag.com:

Current featherweight champion of the world Rafael Mendes did some raining on the parade of the inspired idea of a no-time limit match between him and four-time world champion Rubens Cobrinha, which arose in the USA this week and had Jiu-Jitsu fans the world over at the edge of their seats.

Today Rafael told GRACIEMAG.com he is ready for a gi match to the finish, and said that, were it up to him, he’d be down for it too, after Cobrinha accepted the challenge yesterday, as readers found out here on the website.
However, Mendes, who recently won a good chunk of change with his conquests at ADCC 2009 and the World Pro 2010, asked for a hike in the purse. Now the ball is in the court of the project’s investors, as you will find out to come:

The question every GRACIEMAG.com reader wants to ask: Are you going to take this “dream matchup” with Cobrinha, with no time limit and to the finish?
I see no problem in taking this match, I’d take it. But they have to pay my price. I’ve already replied to Bray’s (Deavours, one of the project’s originators), and told him just that. I don’t have to prove anything to anybody, I fought the whole year, more than one competition per month. But to fight with no time limit I asked he pay what I’m worth.

They offer the winner 10 thousand dollars, and the loser takes nothing. Do you feel at least the format for the match was a good idea?
Yes, but I’m not going to do a no-time limit match just because it’s a good idea. I want to make it clear that I have no problem with facing Cobrinha or whoever else they might want me to face. I entered this division in 2009 when I got my black belt and faced everybody, I beat the best, and now I’m number one, so I ask that I be valued as such. I understand they want to put up money to see this no-time limit match, and I’ll do it. But they’ll need to pay my price. If they really want to see this match, all they have to do is really invest in it.

There’s also the prestige…
But I don’t feel that I’d be fighting for prestige because I don’t feel obliged to prove anything, I’m the current no-gi (ADCC) and gi (Worlds) champion of the world. To me the fight is truly interesting for Cobrinha, who would certainly accept the first offer, regardless of what it is, to try and get back what he lost. So that’s all I can say, I’ll do it, for sure, I’m ready as I’ve always been. But if they want to promote something big like this match, I ask that they pay what it costs. Best regards to all

Mr 1 Leg
16-07-2010, 08:08
Ik hoop dat het rond komt, een succes wordt en iets dat we vaker in bjj kunnen zien.x2