PDA

View Full Version : James Toney Almost Broke Dean Lister’s Foot

snakerattle79
21-07-2010, 22:48
http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2010/07/james-toney-almost-broke-dean-listers-foot/

What do you think of James coming over to MMA and how is his training going?

Dean Lister: He learns really fast. I mean, of course his striking is unparalleled, but I tell you what, for a big guy, he moves fast. He’s not all fancy with things yet and he’s not the most technical guy on the ground, but he is so strong man. He is a strong guy.

You can plead the fifth on this, but from what I understand, he not only caught Mo in a submission, but he almost pulled something out on you as well?

Dean Lister: (Laughing) I won’t plead the fifth man (laughing). It’s actually rewarding when my students start picking up little things that I’ve been showing them. What happened was, I was trying to pass his guard. He didn’t pull guard or anything like that. I’m not going to say how we got to the ground because I don’t want to give anything that he’s trying to do away. We were going over a few things and I passed his guard and I got a mount and he turned and like grabbed my foot. I’m lucky he didn’t break it. He was close to breaking it. I think James has to learn how to not tweak submissions in training (laughing). I mean, I guess he didn’t tweak it, but he was really waiting on a tap (laughing). But he landed like a toe hold and I didn’t really get to see exactly what he was doing because my back was turned, but he twisted it pretty good. I had to roll out of it, so I don’t know if I should count that as a submission or not, but I was impressed. Let’s just say James Toney almost submitted me! I had to get up and give him some dap for it. I was very proud of him. He is a fast learner.

GerritTonijn
21-07-2010, 23:02
I almost chocked out bj penn.

21-07-2010, 23:35
ufc hype train op volle kracht!!

Mule-Kick
22-07-2010, 10:37
Was zeker op zn voet gaan zitten dan :P

Sendur
22-07-2010, 11:27
fuck toney

superfreak
22-07-2010, 11:57
Hoop zo dat couture niet gaat proberen te boksen of dirty boksen of zo. Want dan gaat hij slapen. Gewoon voor een zuivere takedown gaan en submitten of zwaar ground and pound.

Tony
22-07-2010, 12:24
James Toney Almost Broke Dean Lister’s Foot

The Netherlands almost won the World Cup 2010