PDA

View Full Version : Kill le Banner 2

blackadder
29-07-2010, 18:00
Van de buren geleend.
Patrice Quarteron's Mission: "Kill Le Banner"

Coming out of last weekend's Jerome Le Banner fight I heard vague reports about French fighter Patrice Quarteron making a public challenge to JLB post-fight. Now, we've got the details and boy are they weird. Really, it's best if you just watch this amazing Tarantino-style video Quarteron put together. If you're thinking it's too long, trust me, it's worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wNi16Vdt30&feature=player_embedded

I think the list is my favorite part, though I have no idea who "Flamby" is.
So there you have it. Patrice Quarteron is on a mission: Kill Le Banner. Apparently Quarteron has been pursuing this fight for some time, but he hasn't been able to make it happen - in the video you see footage from a 2008 fight of his where he comes to the ring behind a banner with his "Kill Le Banner" logo. The rumor is Le Banner's camp has turned down the fight a few times, either because the money is not right, or because Quarteron hasn't faced an appropriate level of competition lately to earn a shot at Le Banner.
With JLB fighting in France, Quarteron decided to take advantage of the opportunity and appeal to the French fans by storming the ring. Armed with a wig and fake mustache, Quarteron disguised himself as a Rastafarian, sat ringside, and then came in to issue the public challenge at the end, which, really, is just about the most bizarre way to challenge someone I've ever seen in a ring.
An IKF World champion in Muay Thai, Quarteron has some impressive wins on his resume, including top 25 fighters Ashwin Balrak and Brice Guidon. He had two higher profile international fights last year, defeating Bob Sapp in France and losing to Paul Slowinski in Jamaica (the Slowinski fight just aired on G4 last Friday). Although he's not as widely known outside of France, he is definitely a big name in the French kickboxing community. He's partly made that name through these kind of showings - previously he set his sights on another Frenchman, UFC fighter Cheick Kongo (that fight never materialized).
As with any big personality, Quarteron has his fans and his detractors. But there's no doubt a showdown between Quarteron and Le Banner would be a huge fight in France. And with crazy showings like this, it's a fight I too want to see.
Love him or hate him, Quarteron is going about his career in absolutely the right way - he's challenging a big name, and he's doing it in a way that gets people talking. Let's see how Le Banner responds.

Patrice Quarteron's Mission: "Kill Le Banner" - Head Kick Legend (http://www.headkicklegend.com/2010/7/29/1594186/patrice-quarterons-mission-kill-le)

jk
29-07-2010, 19:11
Ben niet zo fan van het "onzin" hypen van een gevecht, maar hij heeft er in ieder geval werk van gemaakt :)

Hier zijn partij tegen Slowinsky;
Dailymotion - Patrice Quarteron vs Paul Slowinski - une vidéo Sports et Extrême (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9ptc6_patrice-quarteron-vs-paul-slowinski_sport)

Denk niet dat hij er in de ring aan te pas komt tegen Le Banner, zeker niet in zijn hernieuwde Harinck vorm

blackadder
29-07-2010, 19:26
Ik wil het wel zien. Denk dat ie met Harinck in z'n hoek die gast een pak slaag geeft waar je u tegen zegt.

sjaakie'tje
29-07-2010, 19:37
Mja ... ben niet zo'n fan van die stijl van Quarteron, vind hem om die reden ook niet echt geschikt voor K-1. Hij is erg groot en mede daardoor zijn z'n knieën erg gevaarlijk. Zou dus zeker gevaarlijk kunnen zijn voor Le Banner, maar kan evengoed lopen als tegen Slowinski waar Quarteron tegen het canvas gemept werd. Le Banner is de grootste naam in Frankrijk, vandaar dat al die kerels tegen hem een partij willen. Ze hebben niks te verliezen, maar als ze winnen staan ze meteen in de belangstelling! We zagen het al met Abidi en Gregory.

blackadder
29-07-2010, 19:41
Ok. Nu heb ik de partij even gekeken. Nu weet ik wel zeker dat Jerome hem zou slopen.

tonebizz
30-07-2010, 00:06
Grote dude man!! beetje nep van die video maar ja