PDA

View Full Version : Luciano Azevedo Plans To Retire Antonio McKee

snakerattle79
08-08-2010, 01:08
Luciano Azevedo Plans To Retire Antonio McKee | Steve Rattlesnake (http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2010/08/luciano-azevedo-plans-to-retire-antonio-mckee)

Luciano Azevedo, the only fighter to defeat the current WEC FW champ and one of the top 5 best P4P fighter in Jose Aldo fires back at Antonio McKee and promised to retire him in their upcoming fight at MFC 26.

“I’ll have 25 minutes to answer everything he’s said about me face to face. However what I’ve got to say won’t take that much time. It’ll be a quick chat.

Tell McKee I’m waiting for him … and I want his gloves!. As a fighter it’s obvious he must be respected. He’s been undefeated for seven years and holds the MFC belt. But he’s really crazy and needs to retire. Old men have lapses of memory all the time. It’s not his fault.

My responsibility is to beat him with all my strengths. The guy is a veteran who plays like a rookie My answer for everything he has said will be in the ring. I’m going to fight and then I’m going to celebrate with my new belt."

Speaking about the Jose Aldo fight:

"The Aldo fight was eighth fight for both of us,” recalled Azevedo. “I remember people talking about the way he crushed guys in his prior seven fights and that my destiny would be the same. The insiders didn’t believe I could submit him even though I had beaten Brazilian black belts. All the odds were against me, but I was very well trained and I won (rear-naked choke in the second round). He even came in overweight and I still accepted the fight despite the disadvantage.”