PDA

View Full Version : Interview Junior Dos Santos: American wrestlers are effective --but boring

Devilprince
12-08-2010, 16:24
What did you think of this fight with Roy Nelson?

Our intention really was to keep the fight standing and not let him take me to the ground and we succeeded on that mission, but was really impressed me was Roy Nelson’s guard. I believe he defended himself very well and did not let me connect good punches, and most of them didn’t really get him. I was surprised, he proved himself to be a tough guy.

His guard protected most of your punches, but you find a good way out using your uppers. You hit him many times and he kept himself standing. Were you surprised by his resistance to your punches?

He’s very resistant, in fact, he hide his chin and the uppers got on the side of his face, I couldn’t connect quite well the punches on his chin. I believe that’s why I couldn’t knock him out, besides his resistance to my punches. I hit him hard, I gave my best, he’s a hell of a fighter and impressed me.

You knocked out all your previous opponents. Were you unsatisfied because you didn’t do it this time or did you like the taste of fighting until the end?

It was a great thing I fought the three rounds. Dana White came to talk to me and was satisfied with my performance on the three rounds, it was a good thing so I could get more experience on that octagon. I had a strategy, I followed it, I just think I could have been more focused on one area only: his head or the low kicks, or the punches and kicks on his body... I believe that because I varied my blows, he could resist more and was able to stand them, but the fight was great and inside the octagon everything can happen.

How do you feel knowing that your next fight will be for the UFC belt?

Now I have to focus and come back to the trainings and start to think about my preparation to win this belt, since it’ll be five rounds with one of the bests in the world, (Cain) Velasquez or (Brock) Lesnar. I have to train hard and keep my focus so I can bring this belt to Brazil. I believe i have plenty conditions and I can surprise.

Who do you think will be the winner of this fight?

It’s complicated, because they’re two very different guys. Cain’s technique is good and prevails, just like his conditioning. As for Brock, he’s a very aggressive guy, heavy... I believe it’ll be a great fight and I can face any of them. I don’t have a favorite one for this bout, but I believe that Cain may surprise.

What did you think of UFC 117?

The event itself was excellent, but unfortunately there were Brazilian defeats. The Americans are good on what they do, they have a good Wrestling technique and they take you down and stay there forever, getting theirs points and winning their fights. It’s a boring fight, but it’s an efficient game they have. Let’s look forward now... Unfortunately Rafael dos Anjos got hurt on the first round, but we have to move on.

What did you think of Anderson’s spectacular win?

Man, what an amazing fight! He had a hard time and didn’t give up, and that’s the principle of any fighter, to try the win until the end. That’s what the professor (Luiz Carlos) Dórea says: “for you to become a fighter, you know you’ll be hit”, and Anderson showed he handles it quite well... He has been hit for four rounds and on a beautiful way made all of the Brazilians proud, mainly we that are from his team. I’d like to congratulate him for his win, because he showed he’s a phenomenon and no one can beat him. He’s the number one pound for pound along with José Aldo... It was a incredible fight Anderson did.

Junior dos Santos :: TATAME (http://www.tatame.com/2010/08/10/Junior-dos-Santos)

Tony
12-08-2010, 16:32
leuk om te lezen... thanks!

MMAFAN-1122
12-08-2010, 18:14
Idd. leuk om te lezen... Bedankt!

punch
12-08-2010, 22:48
bedankt

universele
12-08-2010, 22:58
haha, The Americans are good on what they do, they have a good Wrestling technique and they take you down and stay there forever, getting theirs points and winning their fights. It’s a boring fight!!!
LOL vind goede techniek leuk om te kijken en daar horen take downs en grond werk zeker bij.
Maar L&P houd ik ook niet van.

Devilprince
13-08-2010, 01:09
Hoop dat JDS tegen Brock zal uitkomen wat een titanenstrijd

Petrosyan188
13-08-2010, 19:20
Hoop dat JDS tegen Brock zal uitkomen wat een titanenstrijd

over een jaartje liever, denk dat die nu lesnar te vroeg komt.. eerst nog meer body krijgen... maar wel samen met ali de enige 2gozers die beest kunnen kloppen

TheCarnage
13-08-2010, 21:12
Ik weet niet of dit een europees ding is, maar ja ik voel wat hij zegt ik kan echt niet genieten van al die worstelaars. Een combinatie van worstel en stand up zeker wel zoals een Rampage of GSP. Maar Koshcheck en ook die laatste partij van Sonnen vind ik niet intresant.

Nu kan ik niet voor een amerikaan praten, maar ja ik denk dat dat daar misschien meer gewaardeerd word doordat het veel op colleges enzo gedaan word? Maar geef mij maar gewoon een stand up war met af en toe wat G&P sloop werk.

kooivechter
13-08-2010, 23:21
is persoonlijke smaak. Vind dat worstelen wel gecobineerd met het staand erg mooi. Sonnen z'n laatste partijen vind ik juist super. Die tegen marquard en Silva. Ook GSP zijn partijen zijn super om te zien. Elke keer mooie overgangen van het staand naar de take down. Aleen een staande partij in mma kan ik minder van genieten