PDA

View Full Version : DREAM Featherweight Champ Bibiano Fernandes Still Hasn't Been Paid for DREAM 13

Iggy
19-08-2010, 17:01
Apparently DREAM has become the Michael Lohan of the MMA world.

According to TATAME, five months after he won the DREAM featherweight tournament, Bibiano Fernandes hasn't been paid his contracted fight purse. Unlike the Impact FC fighters who haven't been paid for their July fights by the Australian promotion, Fernandes has something over the Japanese promotion he is contracted to for one more bout: his belt.

The report says that Fernandes has turned down a title defense on the September 25 DREAM 16 card and maintains that he won't fight for the organization until he receives his check for his win over Joachim Hansen at DREAM 13 back in March.

“Dream called me two days ago to offer me a fight at September 21, but I said I won’t fight until they pay me for my last fight,” Fernandes said. “I have family, I have a wife and I can’t work without getting paid. I’ll only fight [for DREAM] again when they pay me for my last fight."

Fernandes joins a growing list of fighters who have had issues with being paid by DREAM. TATAME confirms that Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza still hasn't been paid for his May 2009 DREAM 9 fight with Jason "Mayhem" Miller and Gary Goodridge revealed to MMAFighting earlier this month that he hasn’t receved a dime for his New Years Eve 2010 DREAM co-promoted Dynamite!! 2009 bout with Gegard Mousasi.

Say what you will about the UFC, but at least Dana takes care of his kids.

Als dream hun kampioen al niet kan betalen moet het toch niet echt meer lang duren voordat ze echt failliet zijn?