PDA

View Full Version : Remy Bonjanksky: Down but not out

Petrosyan188
20-08-2010, 23:31
In recent weeks rumors have spread far and wide that the 3-time K-1 World Grand Prix Champion, Remy Bonjasky, has been planning his retirement.
Shocked at these rumors, those in charge of the Japanese K-1 Premium Fan Club Magazine quickly set up an email-interview in an attempt to get to the bottom of what is happening with the “God in Japan.” Below are some brief excerpts from the interview.
“Since the last World Grand Prix I've done some training. Not a lot, but some. Since I’ve known that I’ll be having an operation, I've been training less. I am scheduled to have it in the 3rd week of August. A lot of fans don't know that this is actually the fourth time that I am going to have an operation on my right eye,” explained the father of 2.
Remy stated that a comeback would depend on how things went with the surgery, and it would require some consideration. He assured all that if he did, it would be with nothing less than the intention of winning yet another title. “I hope my fans will support me when I have my operation by sending letters and cards. They can see the address on my website Remy Bonjasky (http://www.remybonjasky.com). They have supported me for all these years, and I hope, with their support, I will fully recover and take myself back to the ring where I can thank them for their support and love,” he said.
On a happier note, Remy also talked about the opening of a gym of his own. “[These days] I am busy with opening my own gym. It is not so easy to do because I have to deal with the local government and their rules. If everything works out as planned I will have an opening party on the 5th of September. The name of the gym will be the ‘Bonjasky Academy.’ In this training centre for kickboxing and fitness I will train boys and girls to be as good as I am and better. You guys are all welcome to come,” he said.
With the opening party for his gym scheduled less than 2 weeks after the operation, I can only hope that means Remy is quietly confident of a full and quick recovery. Let’s all hope that leads to him being back at his best in the ring for the 2010 World Grand Prix Final 16 in October

dus er is zeker een k1, aangezien dit van de k1 site komt

Kemal
21-08-2010, 09:45
Thanks! Hoop wel dat Remy erbij is...

Bossie
21-08-2010, 10:28
Final 16 - 2 of 3 Oktober
Finals - 10 december

Saki en Zimmerman vechten 16 oktober al op de pta, het lijkt me dat die dus afvallen voor de Final 16

Bartju
21-08-2010, 13:09
Ja ik had t ook gelezen ja op de k1 site!

Amsterdam'r
21-08-2010, 15:57
Zeker, wat is zeker, ik hoop zeker niet dat we het laatste van de Flying Gentleman hebben gezien..
As for the surgery, hoop dat alles goed gaat!

GilbertYvelFan24
22-08-2010, 00:12
@ Petrosyan188

Komt hij weer met zijn Remy haat.
We weten nu wel dat je een Badr-nutsucker bent.

Remy BonjaNKsky (zucht)

Zielig dat je altijd Remy niet het respect geeft wat hij verdient.

Petrosyan188
22-08-2010, 00:22
/care