PDA

View Full Version : Roy Jones Jr. Open To Fight Kimbo Slice

snakerattle79
27-08-2010, 10:10
Roy Jones Jr. Open To Fight Kimbo Slice; Rooting For Toney Against Couture | Steve Rattlesnake (http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2010/08/roy-jones-jr-open-to-fighting-kimbo-slice-rooting-for-toney-against-couture)

I just wanted to get your quick thoughs on your fellow Floridian, Kimbo Slice, announcing that he’ll be making his pro boxing debut later this year.

RJ: I think it’s a beautiful thing for him to try the sweet science. I’d have to see what he’s weighing if he wants me to come in there and give him a try at it, but if he want it that bad, I might give it to Kimbo. It’s a great opportunity for him. It’s a great fight for Florida. Boxing needs all it can get right now, so if the fans get interested in wanting to see that, we can do that.

Kimbo’s got a lot of heart, he’s got a lot talent, and it took a lot for him to get where he got in MMA. I think his main skill is boxing anyway. I think he’ll be fine with it.

You know your boy James is stepping into the Octagon with Randy Couture. How do you think that’s going to play out?

RJ: Well, I think it’s a wonderful fight. I think it’s a great thing for MMA and for boxing because it gives us a chance to cross over again and meet in the middle and I can’t wait.

Prediction?

RJ: I gotta go with my boy James.