PDA

View Full Version : Antoinio 'Bigfoot' Silva: Why is Alistair Overeem afraid to fight me?

Devilprince
27-08-2010, 19:28
"I come from Paraiba, in Brazil, where we don't back down from things! I'll fight whoever they put in front of me; you will never see me picking and choosing opponents. It's sad when the heavyweight champion starts whining that he will only fight this guy or that. What kind of a professional is this guy? He is the champ, isn't he? Why be afraid to fight me? And Fedor, one of the biggest legends in the sport. Is this how he got to be a legend, by declining fights? I never disrespect any opponent, no matter what his record is or what the public thinks about him. To me, he merits respect just for stepping up there and facing off, but these guys are disappointing me. They are demonstrating that they are not deserving of my respect. We are fighters, supposed to be some of the best in the world, and our job is to get up there, perform, and put on a good fight for the fans. I am ready to do this, just tell me who is next and I will be there. I am not a woman who wants to be involved in soap operas, looking forward to the next episode. I think that Strikeforce needs to put an end to this. Give me whoever and I will fight him, and, win or lose, people will know I came to fight that day and put my heart into it. To me, this is the only way."

MMA Quick Quote: Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva blasts Alistair Overeem and Fedor Emelianenko - MMA Mania (http://www.mmamania.com/2010/8/27/1653750/mma-quick-quote-antonio-bigfoot)

Petrosyan188
27-08-2010, 19:36
omdat die voor de k1vecht... iemand die connecties heeft en dat hemkan uitleggen.. en overigens overeem moet zijn tijd niet verspillen aan overschatte vechters als bigfoot, gewoon een keer fedor mollen, dan rematch gevecht tegen werdum om even te laten zien wie de baas is van de 2en dan op jacht gaan naar JDS en Lesnar etc.

Pahlavan
27-08-2010, 21:10
ik snap natuurlijk wel dat hij pissed is... dit was zijn kans geweest om de titel te winnen (niet dat de SF titel veel waard is maar toch)
maar aan de andere kant... ik vind niet dat hij een titelshot verdient dusja

yuko
27-08-2010, 23:21
Wat een soap daar bij strikeforce...

Djani
27-08-2010, 23:26
ik snap natuurlijk wel dat hij pissed is... dit was zijn kans geweest om de titel te winnen (niet dat de SF titel veel waard is maar toch)
maar aan de andere kant... ik vind niet dat hij een titelshot verdient dusja

Ik vind SF een kutpromotie met een handjevol leuke vechters, maar hun heavyweightbelt is zeker wat waard simpelweg omdat je hem van Overeem moet afpakken. Dat kan lang niet iedereen.

CannieY
28-08-2010, 01:59
Goed gesproken, die bigfoot komt toch wel over als een intelligent persoon... respect.

Djani
28-08-2010, 13:15
Goed gesproken, die bigfoot komt toch wel over als een intelligent persoon... respect.

Niet slecht gesproken, maar intelligent is anders: "I come from Paraiba, in Brazil, where we don't back down from things!'' Een stad met alleen maar bikkels, juistem...

arabic-sniper
28-08-2010, 15:02
Hij heeft gelijk in de zin dat vechters niet zelf moeten kunnen uit maken tegen wie ze vechten..
"I come from Paraiba, in Brazil, where we don't back down from things! I'll fight whoever they put in front of me; you will never see me picking and choosing opponents. It's sad when the heavyweight champion starts whining that he will only fight this guy or that. What kind of a professional is this guy? He is the champ, isn't he? Why be afraid to fight me? And Fedor, one of the biggest legends in the sport. Is this how he got to be a legend, by declining fights? I never disrespect any opponent, no matter what his record is or what the public thinks about him. To me, he merits respect just for stepping up there and facing off, but these guys are disappointing me. They are demonstrating that they are not deserving of my respect. We are fighters, supposed to be some of the best in the world, and our job is to get up there, perform, and put on a good fight for the fans. I am ready to do this, just tell me who is next and I will be there. I am not a woman who wants to be involved in soap operas, looking forward to the next episode. I think that Strikeforce needs to put an end to this. Give me whoever and I will fight him, and, win or lose, people will know I came to fight that day and put my heart into it. To me, this is the only way."

MMA Quick Quote: Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva blasts Alistair Overeem and Fedor Emelianenko - MMA Mania (http://www.mmamania.com/2010/8/27/1653750/mma-quick-quote-antonio-bigfoot)

bigboz
28-08-2010, 16:21
Wat een soap daar bij strikeforce...

echt word er ziek van

superstucie
28-08-2010, 22:41
toch lijkt het me wel een stunt als ali de k1 wint!

Splinta
30-08-2010, 02:12
Hij heeft gelijk! Ophouden met dat gelul en vechten, dat heen en weer gedoe! Silva vecht teminste in tegenstelling tot Fedor en Allistar waar we een jaar op moeten wachten voor 1 gevecht.