PDA

View Full Version : Cormier On Chad Griggs: ‘I Would Sign That Contract In A Heartbeat'

snakerattle79
01-09-2010, 18:43
Daniel Cormier On Possible Chad Griggs Fight: ‘I Would Sign That Contract In A Heartbeat’ | Steve Rattlesnake (http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2010/09/daniel-cormier-on-possible-chad-griggs-fight-i-would-sign-that-contract-in-a-heartbeat)

As far as Chad Griggs, first off, I congratulate Chad because I thought he did a great job and fought a great fight. He’s tough and durable; a legitimate fighter. This dude is 9-1 and now he has a huge win on his record. He’s a legitimate threat to anybody he fights. I think he’s tough, but Bobby was put into some positions where he didn’t deal with the adversity as well as he could have. And you know what? The Chad Griggs fight, I would definitely entertain that fight. I think that’s a good fight because I think it’s a natural progression. He’s coming off of a big win, I’ve been picking up some big wins, he fights for Strikeforce and people are going to start to know him. I say let’s do it. I think it’s a good fight for me and a good fight for the fans. He’ll stand in there and swing ‘em and I’ll stand in there and swing ‘em. It’s not going to be me just taking him down. I will stand in there in front of him and we will bang it out. I think it’s a real entertaining fight and I think people should want to see it because it’s a natural progression. Both of us are free right now and if Strikeforce decides to put it on the table, I would sign that contract in a heartbeat! Let’s do something at the end of the year or beginning of the year; let’s do it! Honestly, I would find some comfort in knowing that I avenged Bobby’s loss. It’s always hard to watch your friends go out like Bobby did or like Mo did. I would find some joy in that and I would do it and I think it’s the right thing right now. You put him in a fight with other people, or me in a fight with other people, and you gotta find opponents. We know he will fight anybody by him taking that fight with Lashley. We eliminate the problem of finding both of us opponents by matching us against one another. I’m too young in the game to call people out and I’m not calling this guy out; I’m just saying that would be a fun fight.