PDA

View Full Version : Which MMA Fighters have the best chance to succeed in K-1 ?

Bloodstain Lane
04-09-2010, 00:01
Thoughts ?

Justinian
04-09-2010, 00:05
Easy, Alistair Overeem! Other then Alistair, I would like to see Crocop back in the K-1 and I actually wonder how Junior Dos Santos would do. I'm not saying he would succeed, but I just wonder how he would do in K-1.

Petrosyan188
04-09-2010, 00:09
werdum zou ownen!!

dus niet

wrestler_nl
04-09-2010, 00:15
I would be interested to see Anderson Silva in K1. I think he would do well with the top K1 fighters.

LJ Silver
04-09-2010, 00:17
Pat Barry, Cheick Congo, JDS, Manhoef, Alistair en zie dat Ray Sefo ook MMA traint (link (http://www.strikeforce.com/fighters/raysefo/))

K1 max Thiago Alves

blackadder
04-09-2010, 00:34
Brett Rogers.
According to his trainer his Muay Thai is off the hook.
:lol:

Justinian
04-09-2010, 00:35
Brett Rogers.
:lol: LMAO!

wrestler_nl
04-09-2010, 00:37
Brett Rogers.

http://www.arcadeloco.com/blogpics/funnydog.jpg

Bloodstain Lane
04-09-2010, 00:54
How about Mauricio Shogun Rua(My favorite MMA fighter)...He is not the wild berzerker he used to be when he fought in PRIDE...hes actually become a very patient but yet still aggressive striker...Brutal Leg and torso kicks,much improved boxing(in the Chuck Liddell fight) and pretty good knees

Lionheart
04-09-2010, 00:58
GSP in de K1 max.

blackadder
04-09-2010, 01:04
How about Mauricio Shogun Rua(My favorite MMA fighter)...He is not the wild berzerker he used to be when he fought in PRIDE...hes actually become a very patient but yet still aggressive striker...Brutal Leg and torso kicks,much improved boxing(in the Chuck Liddell fight) and pretty good knees
I think he's to small. According to his profile he's 183 cm.

Babalu 22
04-09-2010, 01:06
A lot of MMA fighters don't have the full package to particapate succefully in the K1. By this I mean knowing how to use your legs (blocking and giving lowkicks).

Sadix
04-09-2010, 03:31
Guys,

Without a doubt the best stand up fighter in MMA is Jose Aldo.

That guy should be fightin k1-max.

His knees and kicks are unbelievable

Baske
04-09-2010, 05:11
Anderson Silva springs to mind in an instant.

I heard James Toney is awesome.

Petrosyan188
04-09-2010, 05:44
I heard James Toney is awesome.

dit is een grap?

Baske
04-09-2010, 05:58
Als gecheckt moet worden of 't een grap is, ga ik er maar vanuit dat 'ie gewoon al heel slecht was.

Briant
04-09-2010, 09:54
Als gecheckt moet worden of 't een grap is, ga ik er maar vanuit dat 'ie gewoon al heel slecht was.

Toney was een goede bokser maar zijn laatste winst tegen een redelijke naam was in 2003.. of te wel, over the hill

Iggy
04-09-2010, 10:57
junior dos santos!

Tony
04-09-2010, 11:08
Overeem, crocop, hardonk

Jeroenwm
04-09-2010, 11:15
Mir

Waleed
04-09-2010, 11:15
Cyrille "The Snake" Diabate

Wiseguy
04-09-2010, 12:10
Arlovski, Dos Santos, Lil nog.

Jeru
04-09-2010, 12:49
JDS, Cain Valesquez maybe..... but it's such a different ballgame. Ask Gilbert Yvel and Igor Vovchanchin.
But the best chance is for Alistair ofcourse.

Baske
04-09-2010, 13:38
Toney was een goede bokser maar zijn laatste winst tegen een redelijke naam was in 2003.. of te wel, over the hill
Ik had 't over 't feit dat m'n grap heel slecht was. Maar dit gegeven feit wist ik zelf ook nog niet.

mikeymcd
04-09-2010, 13:47
Rua is to small and to light. Would love to see him against manhoef, spong or saki but against the top (and heavy) fighters of the K-1 he has no chance.

ArtistiC
04-09-2010, 15:34
Define success.. Only real contender would be Alistair Overeem. But you never know, hardly anyone expected Alistair to do aswell as he did prior to Badr vs Ali 1..

If by success you mean someone who would be able to take out the likes of Zimmerman/Saki/Aerts/Ghita for that top 4 position (behind Badr, Schilt and Alistair) - I believe Arlovski (pre-emobreakdown/fedor fight), JDS, and even Velasquez would stand a chance (pretty sure they wouldn't get steamrolled either way). JDS especially.. I wouldn't be too surprised if he would walk away with the belt. People have to take into consideration there are more variables in MMA as opposed to K1 - JDS' stand up would probably be a lot more loose against K1 fighters. Hard to say anyway..

Didn't mention Bonjasky because he apparently quit.

Vinand
04-09-2010, 15:53
I dont think any mma fighter would stand a chance against the likes of Bonjasky, Hari, Schilt, Saki or Zimmerman.
Being a good striker in mma wont tell anything if you will be a good striker in k1,
There is huge difference inthe gloves you wear, they are not only heavier but also bigger. The size makes it easier to block punches to the head with it while with mma gloves thats almost non existence.

This, with the fact that in k1 fighters dont have to fear takedown so they will kick a lot faster/harder and more effective. (They will chop down legs fo fighters who aint used to that)

Alistair is one of the few who stand a chance in k1, but i still dont think that he would defeat the likes of Bonjasky or Hari. He fought them both while they werent in top shape. A badr who underestimated Overeem and a Bonjasky who was gravely injured on his knee which was his main weapon (And he still won)...

But someone like anderson will get humiliated by hari, and legkicked to death by saki or bonjasky. Still want to see the fight...

Baske
04-09-2010, 16:01
JDS especially..
JDS in K1? How about we go back to his last fight, and count his use of kicks?

JDS is awesome in MMA, I strongly doubt he'd be as good in K1.

ArtistiC
04-09-2010, 16:26
JDS in K1? How about we go back to his last fight, and count his use of kicks?

JDS is awesome in MMA, I strongly doubt he'd be as good in K1.

As if Alistair throws that many kicks in MMA.. It's a different ballgame - MMA fighters (especially HWs) are more hesitant to throw legkicks because it throws off your TD-defence.. a lot of top HWs have a wrestling background aswell - MMA just has more variables to it.

Also, haven't seen Badr using his legs for some time now.. heck, come to think of it - Alistair doesn't use his legs in K1 either (apart from defensive purposes and to close in on his opponents).

In short.. just like how a boxer can't use his best weapon (hands) as freely as he would want to in a kickboxing match, a kickboxer won't be able to use his best weapon (lets just say legs for now) as freely as he wants to in an MMA fight.