PDA

View Full Version : Jorge “Gamebred” Masvidal inks 6 fight deal with Strikeforce

Slome
14-09-2010, 02:51
Jorge “Gamebred” Masvidal inks 6 fight deal with Strikeforce

One of the most underrated lightweights in the world, Jorge Masvidal (20-6-0) has taken the next big step toward his great future in MMA. Despite coming from Kimbo-like, street fighting origins, Masvidal has evolved into one of the best mixed martial artists in the 155 lb division today. It doesn't hurt that he trains with one of the best camps in the world, American Top Team in Coconut Creek, FL.

http://www.buddhasport.com/com3/file/pic/gallery/1309_view.jpg

Jorge informed Buddhasport not minutes ago that he has inked a 6 fight, 2 year deal with Strikerforce. An opponent has yet to be announced for the Miami native. Jorge plans to compete in the Strikeforce lightweight division and of course, has his eye on the title. Masvidal sent several texts my way stating:

"I signed a 6 fight, 2 year deal with Strikeforce. Let the world know I am going to knock out everybody they put in front of me. I don't have an opponent yet but I want a big fight; you know. I want Melendez or the next big name. No B level fighters. Beerbohm is good but nobody really knows him. I would like to get Kawajiri, that would be great."

A friend and teammate of Masvidal's, JZ Cavalcante has recently been signed to the Strikeforce LW division and has been booked to face AKA standout and former champ, Josh Thomson. Jorge and JZ have already spoken on the issue of a possible fight. "It would be tough to fight a teammate, but we talked about it and agreed that if it was for a title or something, than yeah we would fight," Masvidal revealed to me over the phone a few weeks ago.

Masvidal made a bold move by moving up in weight to take on a dangerous striker in Paul "Semtex" Daley over the weekend at Shark Fights 13 in Amarillo, Texas. The fight ended in a very controversial judges decision where many thought Masvidal won the fight. Daley neglected to live up to his nickname and landed more punches in the last 8 seconds than he did throughout the course of the fight. Masvidal scored takedowns in every round and although he was unable to cause any damage, he successfully nullified Daley's striking with his game plan to use his boxing and takedowns.

"That fight with Daley was bullshit. I am ready to get back in there and kick some ass." Masvidal also revealed in the text. From what he said on Tapout radio last week, he also has a bone to pick with Toby Imada for obvious reasons. The future holds great things for the one they call "Gamebred".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cCusHSyjWA