PDA

View Full Version : interview the reem k1 wgp

univers1l
15-09-2010, 10:37
WGP FINAL16: The Reem Speaks

NEWS » WGPWednesday, 15. Sep. 2010

Rather unusually, the most talked about participant in this year’s “FieLDS K-1 World Grand Prix in Korea -Final 16-“ is best known for his MMA fights. Well, those fights, and his animation like physic.
Alistair Overeem has been making waves and causing controversy worldwide over the past year, and thankfully he has decided to step in and defend his Best 8 position. We recently had the opportunity to ask him a few questions, and this is what he had to say:

-- Now that you've been confirmed as one of the participants of the K-1 WORLD GP 2010 FINAL16, how do you feel? Also, how is your condition these days?
Alistair Overeem: I feel great, my condition is improving each year and I really trained hard for this GP. This year I want that belt.

-- In as much detail as you're comfortable with, please share with us what specific things you'll be working on in your training leading up to the fight in Korea in October
Alistair Overeem: We have a system at Golden Glory and it works, so nothing special. Just training with my trainers and sparring with all the Golden Glory fighters.

-- In last years' K-1 World GP you were defeated by Badr Hari in the semi-finals. In retrospect, what do you think about that bout?
Alistair Overeem: I think it was stopped too early. Yes, I was knocked down, and yes, the second time I was wobbling. But I did not fall down as I was backed up in the corner. Badr always gives a lot in the first round (look what happened in his fight with Hesdy). I think there was such a short amount of time remaining until the end of the first round…if there would have been a second round I would have beaten him again. But that is all speculation. I want to win this years K-1 GP belt, so I will fight everybody to reach that goal. Badr was the better one that evening, now it’s my turn.

-- Being frank, what are your goals for this years' K-1 World GP?
Alistair Overeem: To become the champion of course. And, to get the DREAM Heavyweight belt. Next year I will fight a few times in Strikeforce again, Werdum, who beat Fedor, was injured and Fedor only wanted to fight Werdum, so those match ups are something for next year in MMA in the States.

-- What is your impression of your opponent, Ben Edwards?
Alistair Overeem: He is strong, comes to fight and goes forward. I like fighters who come to fight, so there will be an early KO.

-- The fact Ben took just 206 seconds to stop all three of his opponents in the Oceania GP has been quite a topic of discussion. Do you have any comments about it?
Alistair Overeem: Well, good job! I do not know much about the opponents he beat, but “Alistair Overeem” is made from a different kind of wood.

-- Please give us a comment for your opponent.
Alistair Overeem: Ben Edwards, you won 3 fights in 206 seconds. I will KO you within that period. I will KO you in the first round, so you can see and feel the level of a Golden Glory fighter and the power of The Reem.

-- Finally, please send a message to your fans.
Alistair Overeem: I love my fans in Japan. I’m different to Fedor; I did not leave to only fight in the USA. I have Japan as my favorite place. I may make less money at this moment in Japan than in America as the MMA scene is booming there, but I love the fighting spirit from the country and the long history of martial arts in Japan. Japanese fans are the best. I will always keep fighting in Japan.

dirk5
15-09-2010, 10:54
-- Finally, please send a message to your fans.
Alistair Overeem: I love my fans in Japan. I’m different to Fedor; I did not leave to only fight in the USA.

Het meest kanloze antwoord wat ik ooit heb gelezen in een interview...

Hij moet iets vertellen aan de fans en gebruikt dat om een sneer richting Fedor te geven...

beetje Calimero gevoel Ali?

http://www.tseardhoekstra.nl/wp-content/2009/06/calimero.jpg

rollermanskunk
15-09-2010, 12:56
"I may make less money at this moment in Japan than in America" WTF? Strikeforce betaalt meer dan K-1? Dat is nieuw voor mij. Als Overeem de K1 WGP finale zou winnen kan die volgens mij toch iets van 400.000 euro verdienen. Strikeforce betaalt volgens mij stukken minder (ca 2 ton aan prijsgeld). Zou "The Reem" soms dikke sponsorcontracten hebben afgesloten in Amerika?

micha
15-09-2010, 12:58
goed interview Alistair is zeker een kanshebber voor de K1 titel! Finale Sem vs Ali?

blackadder
15-09-2010, 13:07
Ik keek echt uit naar het einde van de zomer. Eindelijk weer K1. Toen kwam het bericht dat Souwer dit jaar niet uithenodigt werd. Las net deze BS:
Tanikawa commented on having lots of new names on the card instead of regulars such as Andy Souwer and Buakaw Por.Pramuk. "Sauwer and Buakaw have worked hard carrying on the MAX name, but I felt that I wanted to see what the new generation of fighters can do." He continued, "Buakaw's fans might be disappointed, but he usually fights around 60 kgs and I'd like to have him in next year's -63Kg tournament. (To Harada) How about you, Fire? Would you like to take on Buakaw?" Fire replied. "N-n-n-no way!"
10.3 MAX Final 16 card announced! : NEWS | K-1 OFFICIAL WEBSITE (http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2010/0914_max_01.html)
En verloor automatisch interesse in de MAX.
Dus ik hoop dat Overeem de HW nog interessant kan houden voor mij.

Guillermo
15-09-2010, 13:10
Sem vs Ali finale a.u.b. dankuwel!

simtekf1
15-09-2010, 15:19
goed interview Alistair is zeker een kanshebber voor de K1 titel! Finale Sem vs Ali?

Wat is hier goed aan dan?

abdel1991
15-09-2010, 15:33
die edwards is trouwens wel 5kg zwaarder maar wel 5cm kleiner en ziet er redelijk afgetraind uit en won die toernooi in 3.26min tijd(3matches) waaronder van slowinski binnen een minuut, tuurlijk is overeem favoriet! maar die edwards moet die niet onderschatten want hij zal dus wel een ko in z'n vuisten hebben en tegen hari en bonjasky heeft overeem bewezen niet over een super kin te beschikken heeft

Harrie Nak
15-09-2010, 15:52
Het meest kanloze antwoord wat ik ooit heb gelezen in een interview...

Hij moet iets vertellen aan de fans en gebruikt dat om een sneer richting Fedor te geven...

beetje Calimero gevoel Ali?

http://www.tseardhoekstra.nl/wp-content/2009/06/calimero.jpgIk vind deze nog veel kanslozer... tis net een Transformer.

Ben Edwards, you won 3 fights in 206 seconds. I will KO you within that period. I will KO you in the first round, so you can see and feel the level of a Golden Glory fighter and the power of The Reem.

lopez86
15-09-2010, 16:38
Ik keek echt uit naar het einde van de zomer. Eindelijk weer K1. Toen kwam het bericht dat Souwer dit jaar niet uithenodigt werd. Las net deze BS:
Tanikawa commented on having lots of new names on the card instead of regulars such as Andy Souwer and Buakaw Por.Pramuk. "Sauwer and Buakaw have worked hard carrying on the MAX name, but I felt that I wanted to see what the new generation of fighters can do." He continued, "Buakaw's fans might be disappointed, but he usually fights around 60 kgs and I'd like to have him in next year's -63Kg tournament. (To Harada) How about you, Fire? Would you like to take on Buakaw?" Fire replied. "N-n-n-no way!"
10.3 MAX Final 16 card announced! : NEWS | K-1 OFFICIAL WEBSITE (http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2010/0914_max_01.html)
En verloor automatisch interesse in de MAX.
Dus ik hoop dat Overeem de HW nog interessant kan houden voor mij.

Tanikawa gaat dus echt niet in het openbaar melden dat Souwer en Buakaw beiden niet meedoen omdat ze nog centen krijgen van FEG.