PDA

View Full Version : Rogerio Nogueira: ‘They Worship The Takedowns A Lot’

snakerattle79
30-09-2010, 17:10
Rogerio Nogueira: | Steve Rattlesnake (http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2010/09/rogerio-nogueira-they-worship-the-takedowns-a-lot/)

“Actually, UFC is different than Pride. They worship the takedowns a lot , but the guys don’t do much on the floor and don’t even try to submit of knock us out. What happened was that he kept trying to take me down and I wanted to keep the fight standing up, to get the knockout. I have to improve to fight like I used to fight on Pride, that is something everyone can tell, I have to improve my takedown game, and keep me standing up or, in case I go to the floor, I have to try to fall on top of the guys to pass their guard and try to submit them. When they’re on top you.”

Pahlavan
30-09-2010, 17:33
tja hij heeft gelijk... als ik me niet vergis had bader iets van 5 uit 12 takedowns... dus dat betekent dat lil nog meeste van zijn takedowns kon stoppen... en sinds takedowns punten waard zijn bij de judges omdat "you controll the fight" dan vind ik dat goede takedown defence ook moet worden gewaardeerd omdat daarmee ook als het ware bepaalt waar het gevecht plaats vindt en dus het gevecht controlleert...

universele
30-09-2010, 17:37
dat is waar, verder moet er ook wel wat op de grond gebeuren anders heb je er ook vrij weinig aan.
Nu had bader wel een flinke GnP in het begin.