PDA

View Full Version : Bob Reilly: “I Single-Handedly Kept MMA Out Of New York”

snakerattle79
29-10-2010, 00:43
N.Y. Assemblyman Bob Reilly: | Steve Rattlesnake MMA (http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2010/10/n-y-assemblyman-bob-reilly-i-single-handedly-kept-mma-out-of-new-york)

Can you point to a specific piece of legislation that has benefited the taxpayers of New York State?

Bob: Reilly: Probably the single effort that I did, and I won’t say that it’s the most important, is my single effort to keep ultimate fighting(MMA) out of New York State. And why those who advocate this violent and vicious sport for the reason that it will bring money to this state, I, in fact, claim it will not. The owners of ultimate fighting who have recently spent $174,000, giving that money to various legislators and political parties and have paid their lobbyists $10,000 a month for a number of years are in fact in bankruptcy court in Las Vegas at this very moment to the tune of $7 billion. These are the people who some people advocate bringing in to New York. I’m proud of the fact that almost single-handedly I have kept this out of New York not only because violence begets violence and it’s not what we should have in our state, but also it ultimately saves us money by not having this sport in New York.

Baske
29-10-2010, 02:37
De beste man verdient hier dan toch wel een schouderklopje voor toch?

it ultimately saves us money by not having this sport in New York.
En nog een extra schouderklopje voor het intellect wat we verwachten van een politiek kopstuk!