PDA

View Full Version : Stefan Struve is van plan zwaarder te worden...

Slome
18-11-2010, 18:37
Stefan Struve plans to bulk up to 290 pounds before rematching Roy Nelson and Junior dos Santos

UFC heavyweight skyscraper, Stefan Struve has been speaking about his goal of bulking up over the next couple of years to a massive 290 pounds before rematching the two men to defeat him inside the octagon, Roy Nelson and Junior dos Santos.

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/StefanStruve.jpg

Speaking via Fighters Only Magazine (http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=5615&offset=0), Struve said:

“Well, I only turned 21 a few days before the fight. I was at 235 I believe and if you see these guys running round, well.. Dos Santos is a beast. I need more muscle and more power, but that will come in the next couple of years. I would like to have a rematch with Roy and Dos Santos at some point in my career to see if I did improve. I am pretty sure I did. I want to go up to 290 to see what trouble I give them. Right now I weigh 255 so its going good.”

“I see myself giving the fans entertaining fights and the UFC can put me anywhere they want, they can have me fight anybody and I will fight him and put on a good show. Its not like I want a title shot as soon as possible – I am 22. I am trying to improve my game with every fight and I am doing that so far. I have, in my opinion, 15 to 18 years of competition ahead of me and I am loving my job. I couldn’t be more thankful for the way things are going.”

Struve then turned his attentions to his UFC 124 opponent, Sean McCorkle, a fighter that’s spent a great deal of his time on The Underground forum talking trash about the towering Dutchman.

“I don’t really care about what he has been saying to me. He got me focused and… I think he is a funny dude. That’s all. Its gonna be a good fight and I am probably gonna knock him out. I am pretty sure I am going to stop him.”

“I’ve seen his fights before [he joined] the UFC and I am not impressed with his fights at all. He won against Mark Hunt but Mark Hunt had lost his last six fights, so… its like, you can go 40-0 by beating guys who are 5-40, you know? You can go on forever but now he is in the big league so he is in trouble.”

Struve is coming off an impressive second round TKO win over Christian Morecraft at UFC 117 in August. Prior to that he’d had a three-fight winning streak snapped when he went down early at the hands of “Ultimate Fighter” season ten winner, Roy Nelson.

As for McCorkle, this monster cut down from his natural 320 pound frame to make the 265 pound limit to take on veteran Mark Hunt at UFC 119 last month. He was taken down early in the fight but managed to secure a sickening kimura which snapped the former K-1 stars arm.

Kemal
18-11-2010, 22:04
ben wel benieuwd hoe die dr dan over een paar jaar uit ziet...

Baske
18-11-2010, 22:09
290lbs? Damn. Das een goeie 135kg als ik me niet vergis.

Nu schetsen ze wel een totaal verkeerd beeld van Struve door zo'n oude foto van hem erbij te zetten. Dat vind ik dan wel weer lelijk van de schrijver uit.

Pansier
18-11-2010, 22:49
Ik weet niet hoe hij er nu uitziet maar op deze foto dan moet hij nog best veel kilo's aankomen! :O elke dag naar de mac?:lol:

Tykill
18-11-2010, 23:05
Ik weet niet hoe hij er nu uitziet maar op deze foto dan moet hij nog best veel kilo's aankomen! :O elke dag naar de mac?:lol:

Dan gaat je reactie vermogen en weerstand 99% achteruit :D nice plan! :D

appelsap
19-11-2010, 01:56
Paardenvlees schijnt te helpen. Snap alleen niet waarom ie naar de 290 wil, als 265 het max gewicht is.......hij wil graag een buikje zoals Nelson??

Pahlavan
19-11-2010, 02:12
Paardenvlees schijnt te helpen. Snap alleen niet waarom ie naar de 290 wil, als 265 het max gewicht is.......hij wil graag een buikje zoals Nelson??

vind ik idd ook beetje raar... 290 pounds worden om vervolgens voor elke partij 25 pounds te moeten cutten?!

anyway... die jongen heeft een mooie toekomst in mma denk ik

Naj85
19-11-2010, 03:06
Ongeveer als Sem Schilt dus, die is ook ongeveer even lang en weegt rond de 130 kg

steftheboxer
19-11-2010, 16:17
290 pounds is toch niet zo heel gek? jongens als Carwin, Brock en Sylvia lopen ook op dit gewicht rond. met de lengte van Struve is 290 pounds geen eens zo heel verkeerd.

Trouwens wel een epische foto van een jonge Struve, krijg bijna weer zin om het topic met vechters en hun jeugd foto's naar boven te halen...als de zoekfunctie beter zou werken...

Petrosyan188
19-11-2010, 16:18
hij kan naar overeem, die weet ook hoe je van een tandenstoker ineens omgebouwd wordt naar een beer toe

Marchant
19-11-2010, 19:12
ben wel benieuwd hoe die dr dan over een paar jaar uit ziet...

zo iets??

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt127/marchant1974/roy-nelson-stefan-struve2.jpg

Kemal
19-11-2010, 22:00
zo iets??

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt127/marchant1974/roy-nelson-stefan-struve2.jpg

:lol:

T15Boxing
19-11-2010, 23:14
Ik weet niet of zijn verlies partijen zozeer kwamen omdat hij niet zoveel weegt als hij wilt. Lijkt er meer op dat hij moeite heeft met krachtige stoten. Ik zou graag willen zien dat hij zijn reach veel gebruikt.

Baske
19-11-2010, 23:29
Sem Schilt van de MMA? Heb alleen het gevoel dat echt veel nadruk op reach in MMA niet lukt, omdat er - vooral in de UFC - veel geclinched en uiteindelijk groundgame komt. Goed, lange ledematen hebben daar z'n voor- en nadelen :)

Louiekess!!..
21-11-2010, 18:22
rematch met dos santos..
haha wat een lachtertje dos santos kan dadelijk goed de ufc heavyweight champ zijn
dan heeft onze stefan nog een hele lange weg te gaan
miss als cro cop van nelson wint dat hij een rematch tegen nelson krijgt..

Slome
15-12-2010, 00:17
http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/12/14/stefan-struve-wants-to-get-to-280-pounds-for-lesnar-carwin-etc/
voor het interview met Ariel Helwani over oa. zwaarder worden
Towering UFC heavyweight, Stefan Struve has been speaking about exactly how he plans on competing with the likes of monsters such as Brock Lesnar, Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez down the line, saying another 30 or so pounds so just about do it.
http://www.mmabay.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Stefan-Struve6-300x207.jpg

Speaking via MMAFighting.com, Struve said:

“Technical-wise I’m sure I’m ready for those guys. I think my ground game, my standup, my all-around game is real good. But if you see how big those guys are, they got a lot of weight on them and they got a huge amount more muscle on their frame than me. I’m packing on muscle. I was 253 for my last fight, and I want to go up to 280 or 290. It will take me a couple of years. But I want to say, Joe Silva is the best matchmaker in the world and I’m willing to fight anybody. I’m curious to see where I am in the division right now.”

On his recent fight with Sean McCorkle at UFC 124 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Struve said:

“I think I could have won easier. But I’m always curious to see what a guy can do on ground. I want to test myself. It’s good for my experience to be in a submission and work my way out, it’s something different that I’ve experienced so far. And it was good. Everything went smooth. I want to win but I want to show more next time.”

Struve could wind up a serious contender in the heavyweight division if he manages to put on the thirty pounds he’s planning on, not only making him the tallest and most awkward fighter to face, but one of the heaviest as well.