PDA

View Full Version : Cain Velasquez 6 tot 8 maanden out door blessure

Petrosyan188
30-12-2010, 01:41
UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez will have to wait to defend the title he won from Brock Lesnar, as he’s expected to be sidelined for six to eight months by an injured shoulder, MMAFighting (http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/12/29/ufc-heavyweight-champ-cain-velasquez-out-6-8-months-with-shoulde/) reports.
UFC President Dana White confirmed the news after Wednesday’s UFC 125 press conference and said Velasquez hopes to return in the summer.
Velasquez scored a first-round TKO of Lesnar at October’s UFC 121 to set up a fight with Junior dos Santos, who will likely wait for Velasquez’s return rather than risk the title shot for a tune-up fight.

http://mmafrenzy.com/17003/ufc-heavyweight-champ-cain-velasquez-out-6-to-8-months/

Slome
30-12-2010, 02:17
Velasquez was expected to defend his title in early 2011 against top contender Junior dos Santos, but that idea has been scrapped. According to White, the hopeful return date for the champ is sometime this summer.

jaja das geen goed nieuws voor de UFC....

Petrosyan188
30-12-2010, 02:22
jaja das geen goed nieuws voor de UFC....

vind je? ik vind dit niet eens zo slecht uitpakken voor UFC, nu duurt het laten we uit gaan van 8 maanden tot er een title match is en 1jaar voor de volgende titelgevecht.. en eigenlijk zat dana de komende maanden zonder contenders na blessuregevallen van carwin en mir(ga ik effe van uit vanwege afzeggen schaub) lesnar die voorlopig niet vecht en big nog,couture en gonzaga echt done zijn voor de HW division en de grootste opkomende vechters struve en schaub zijn met alle respect(dat is ook niet veel op dit moment). dit komt dana denk ik niet slecht uit want over een jaar is dat helemaal anders..

Slome
30-12-2010, 02:34
vind je? ik vind dit niet eens zo slecht uitpakken voor UFC, nu duurt het laten we uit gaan van 8 maanden tot er een title match is en 1jaar voor de volgende titelgevecht.. en eigenlijk zat dana de komende maanden zonder contenders na blessuregevallen van carwin en mir(ga ik effe van uit vanwege afzeggen schaub) lesnar die voorlopig niet vecht en big nog,couture en gonzaga echt done zijn voor de HW division en de grootste opkomende vechters struve en schaub zijn met alle respect(dat is ook niet veel op dit moment). dit komt dana denk ik niet slecht uit want over een jaar is dat helemaal anders..

In de tijd dan Lesnar HW Champ was en aan de kant stond ivm blessure had Carwin de interim-hw belt om z'n middel... ik ga dr vanuit dat ze weer zo'n constructie zullen bedenken...

The Company
30-12-2010, 02:37
de UFC HW division is niet veel op het moment, en dan komt er dit nog bij.:fp:

Petrosyan188
30-12-2010, 02:40
In de tijd dan Lesnar HW Champ was en aan de kant stond ivm blessure had Carwin de interim-hw belt om z'n middel... ik ga dr vanuit dat ze weer zo'n constructie zullen bedenken...

dan doen ze volgens mij bij een blessureleed van ruim meer dan een jaar, althans dat zei dana toen shogun blessure opliep in de LHW klasse, lijkt me niet anders dat dit ook geldt voor de HW klasse

Slome
30-12-2010, 02:42
dan doen ze volgens mij bij een blessureleed van ruim meer dan een jaar, althans dat zei dana toen shogun blessure opliep in de LHW klasse, lijkt me niet anders dat dit ook geldt voor de HW klasse

yup, ur right... we'll wait & see....

Slome
30-12-2010, 03:10
Heavy speculation that UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez (9-0 MMA, 7-0 UFC) would make his first title defense against Junior Dos Santos in Toronto came to naught today with news that Velasquez is on the bench with a injury.

American Kickboxing Academy trainer Javier Mendez today told that the champ injured his shoulder during a winning bid for Brock Lesnar's title at UFC 121, though he declined to disclose it at the time because the severity of the injury was unknown after an initial MRI.

When a second MRI this past week revealed a badly torn rotator cuff which could bench Velasquez for a minimum of 4-6 months – if not longer – a defense in April became unrealistic.

News of the injury was first reported today by MMAFighting.com, who confirmed the injury with UFC president Dana White.

Although disappointed, Velasquez is optimistic about his recovery and wants to undergo surgery as soon as possible, Mendez said. Velasquez's rotator cuff is 90 percent torn and will need extensive physical therapy.

"That's the fight game," the trainer said. "You've got to expect that in this trade."

The UFC was made aware of the injury following UFC 121 and put the brakes on a Velasquez vs. Dos Santos showdown. Dos Santos manager Ed Soares could not be reached for comment on the injury development, and it's unknown at this time whether the UFC will forge ahead with another bout for the challenger.

An interim title situation would also seem premature at this point. White anticipated Velasquez would return in summer 2011.

Mendez, however, thinks that timeline might be a bit too charitable.

"They say the rehab on that type of injury is going to take anywhere from 4-6 months," he said. "Then from there he's got to get fight-ready."

So for now, the top of the heavyweight division is in flux. Meanwhile, a welterweight title match between reigning champ Georges St-Pierre and challenger Jake Shields could headline the UFC's first trip to Toronto, possibly UFC 129, in April at the Rogers Centre.

Unbeaten inside the octagon, Velasquez stormed his way to a title shot with six consecutive victories and took the belt from Lesnar with a first-round beatdown.

Kemal
30-12-2010, 09:14
tja de spoeling wordt dun bij de HW's..

Pride_187
30-12-2010, 12:14

Ja!!!! Want nu zijn er nog maar 4 zwaargewichten die kunnen vechten ipv 12!!! Wat een geniale oplossing. Gewoon helemaal geen zwaargewichtpartijen meer op het programma. Kan ook niemand zeiken over de kwaliteit. Zo had ik het nog niet bekeken....

marcelt
30-12-2010, 12:19
Balen man. Wilde erg graag Cain vs JDS zien.

Biiyen
30-12-2010, 15:43
Balen man. Wilde erg graag Cain vs JDS zien.

idd dit zuigt wel heel erg hard ....

king
30-12-2010, 20:27
Oplossing is simpel; Alistair naar de UFC halen en tegen JDS laten vechten.

Petrosyan188
30-12-2010, 20:38
Ja!!!! Want nu zijn er nog maar 4 zwaargewichten die kunnen vechten ipv 12!!! Wat een geniale oplossing. Gewoon helemaal geen zwaargewichtpartijen meer op het programma. Kan ook niemand zeiken over de kwaliteit. Zo had ik het nog niet bekeken....

waar heb ik gezegd helemaal geen zwaargewichtpartijen? gewoon redelijke contenders match-ups tegenoverelkaar zetten en dan tijdrekken door mooie match-ups totdat velasquez terug is en ondertussen vechters aantrekken, zoals overeem...zoals ze dit eigenlijk een tijdje hebben gedaan met de LHW dit jaar. en wat de voordeel voor UFC hiermee is dat ze zonder echte echte contenders voor de titel zaten komende maanden maar dat is nu niet meer nodig dat bedoel ik met de voordeel van deze blessure

Kemal
01-01-2011, 10:00
Cain Velasquez Details Shoulder Injury, Addresses Dos Santos' Complaint

LAS VEGAS -- In his first public comments since MMA Fighting broke the news (http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/12/29/ufc-heavyweight-champ-cain-velasquez-out-6-8-months-with-shoulde/) of Cain Velasquez (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/Cain+Velasquez/)'s shoulder injury, the UFC heavyweight champion explained that he can't pinpoint the exact moment he tore his rotator cuff, only that it happened during his UFC 121 kingmaking win over Brock Lesnar.

He thinks it could have occurred in the early seconds of the match when he used an underhook to defend a Lesnar takedown try, but can't say for sure. Regardless, Velasquez said that he felt fine during the fight and even in the immediate aftermath. But a few hours later, when his adrenaline levels returned to normal, he knew something was wrong.

"I didn't feel it in the fight at all," Velasquez said during a question-and-answer session prior to the UFC 125 weigh-ins. "After the fight, I felt good and later on that night, my body came down, I was moving around. I was laying down to get up, and it hurt really bad. That's when I knew something was wrong."

Within a few days, Velasquez had seen a doctor for an MRI that resulted in a diagnosis of a torn right rotator cuff. Instead of going directly to surgery, however, his doctor recommended six weeks of physical rehabilitation in hopes of strengthening the shoulder.

After another MRI showed the muscle was still torn, surgery became the next viable option.

During the interim, Velasquez was forced into hiding the truth when asked about his condition by fans and media members.

"I tried to keep it under wraps," he said. "I was telling people I was fine when I wasn't. I was doing the right thing, trying to get healthy that way and get back to training."

The UFC will soon face the decision of whether Velasquez expected 6-8 month absence will require an interim title be instituted until he returns. Velasquez says he wouldn't object to that possibility.

"The same thing happened when Brock was injured," he said. "They keep the fights going, they had to. You can't can't wait around half a year for fights. There's fight all the time. It doesn't offend me at all. When I'm ready, I'll come back healthy and fight."

A few hours after the news broke of Velasquez's injury, his likely next challenger Junior Dos Santos told Brazilian news site Portal do Vale Tudo (http://portaldovaletudo.uol.com.br/pt/?channel=2&id=2554) that he was angered by the revelation and questioned the origin of the injury. Velasquez said he had heard Dos Santos' comments but reiterated the injury was a result of his fight with Lesnar.

"It sucks," he said. "I definitely want to be as active as I can for the fans that are paying to me fight. I want to go out and please you guys. It's hard, but it's part of this. People get hurt, and you have to get surgery."