PDA

View Full Version : Pat Barry: "Overeem is a monster"

Slome
10-01-2011, 11:57
Pat Barry Thinks Alistair Overeem Is An Unstoppable Monster

http://www.themmanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Overeem-vs-Aerts-K-1-WGP-2010_FEGinc.jpg

Current UFC heavyweight Pat Barry (5-2) is one of many fighters who have transitioned from kickboxing into mixed martial arts. Barry started training when he was 21 and eventually made his K-1 debut in April 2005 at the K-1 World Grand Prix 2005 In Las Vegas tournament.

As a recent guest on MMAWeekly.com (http://mmaweekly.com/pat-barry-talks-fighter-transition-between-k-1-and-mma-feels-alistair-overeem-is-unstoppable) Radio Barry wasn’t discussing the values of making a transition from kickboxing to mma, it was just the opposite, he felt that mma actually improved his striking as a kickboxer.
Naturally when you talk about a fighter going from mma to kickboxing, one name springs to mind and that’s Alistair Overeem, who last month captured the pinnacle kickboxing title as part of the K-1 World Grand Prix 2010 tournament in Japan.
“The dude is a monster. That’s what I think,” he said. “Not only is he humongous, (but) he’s extremely experienced. That’s what makes him the most dangerous. Not just the size, but he has so much experience in MMA and in kickboxing, and he’s a Dutch trained kickboxer.

I was in Amsterdam for five years. I know what the Dutch train like out there. The dude is a monster. I don’t know how anyone is going to stop him any time soon. He doesn’t seem to get tired. All he needs to do is hit you one time. He’s fast, he’s athletic, and he’s strong as hell. He’s everything you need all in one body.”

Die rare Amerikanen denken dat Alistair van MMA naar Kickboksen switcht, wij weten wel beter...:lol:

knift
10-01-2011, 12:34
Hahahaha ja ik denk dat Pat Barry iig niet de ring in gaat met Ali O.

dirk5
10-01-2011, 12:44
iets soort gelijks zei hij ook al over Lesnar toen hij daar 1 maandje had getrained in October.
Pat vind het gewoon fijn om positieve dingen te zeggen over andere vechters... Dit gedrag heeft hem ook zijn partij gekost tegen CC.

detje
10-01-2011, 12:49
niemand is unstoppable. geweldige foto trouwens.

Biiyen
10-01-2011, 16:48
Overeem is goed maar ik wil hem wel eens zien tegen Cain of Lesnar, Cain of Lesnar zal de lakmoesproef zijn. Hoe gaat Overeem reageren als hij op zijn rug ligt.

El Bambino
10-01-2011, 17:12
Velasques is ook een beest!!!!!

Silat
10-01-2011, 17:20
Lesnar? nee man, Cain wel, heavy hitter en gaat als een trein.

dirk5
10-01-2011, 17:23
over Cain, ik weet het niet, moet het zien

staand edge naar ali, op grond weet ik niet....

Kemal
10-01-2011, 18:52
dr is geen woord aan gelogen..

R.D.N
10-01-2011, 18:54
pat barry praat geen onzin...................hij heeft gelijk.