PDA

View Full Version : Overeem over Strikeforce 2011

PigDog
10-01-2011, 18:11
Strikeforce heavyweight champion, Alistair Overeem has been speaking about his involvement in the upcoming grand prix which takes place over the course of 2011, explaining it’s a good way to prove once and for all that he’s the number one fighter in the world today.

Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Overeem said:

“I have been looking for a big fight for more than a year now. Tournament or no tournament, Werdum was going to be my first fight in Strikeforce.”

“All the fighters in that tournament are good, so there are no easy fights. I’m a little surprised about it, and I don’t know why this bracket is designed this way, but my job is to fight. I’m not picking opponents, so if that’s the way they made the bracket, so be it.”

“When my schedule allows it, I will always try to find more fights. I’m a active fighter, so I will never say no to a fight if my management can make the fight. I’m focusing on one fight at a time, and my management will talk to the promoter and see when we are ready to fight in Japan.”

“I can show the American fans that I’m the No. 1 fighter of Strikeforce. Entering such a tournament is not only great for the MMA fans but also a great way to prove that I’m the best fighter in the world.”

Overeem was last seen in action on New Year’s Eve, dominating former UFC prospect, Todd Duffee in the first twenty seconds to win via TKO. Prior to that he’d won an eight man-one night tournament to capture the K-1 World Grand Prix Finals.

MMABAY.CO.UK

Kemal
10-01-2011, 18:39
Thanks! Overeem is een topper

SjorsWilms
10-01-2011, 18:48
Overeem was last seen in action on New Year’s Eve, dominating former UFC prospect, Todd Duffee in the first twenty seconds to win via TKO.

Huh, TKO? Hij ging toch echt knock out!

Baske
10-01-2011, 19:24
Hij ging inderdaad genadeloos naar de grond. TKO misschien omdat hij weer snel overeind floepte en nog bij de officiële beslissing kon staan... Die korte slagen van Ali blijven bruut om te zien...

Harrie Nak
10-01-2011, 21:06
Ik snap zijn commentaar over het toernooi niet zo. Volgens Coker (bij MMA Hour (http://www.mixfight.nl/forum/showthread.php?110898-Samenvatting-opmerkingen-Scott-Coker-bij-MMA-Hour)) stond Alistair er zelf op dat hij mee doet...