PDA

View Full Version : Nick Diaz: “I Like Dealing With PRIDE Rules”

snakerattle79
10-01-2011, 21:38
Nick Diaz: | Steve Rattlesnake MMA (http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2011/01/nick-diaz-i-like-dealing-with-pride-rules/)

“I used to come in running in a lot, and getting overly aggressive. You get that way, because you (get caught up in trying to) win on damage. You’re fighting a different fight. One guy’s trying to win the round, one guy’s trying to win the fight.

That’s why I like dealing with Pride rules. I thought that there would be an organization that has that type of scoring criteria. I thought that show would stick around; I’d probably be fighting for them right now.

But that whole thing went under. They kind of want to do away with that whole way of fighting, even though it’s been around for a long time.

The restarts and the old Pride rules, it’s better.

The yellow card (if) you stall. You can’t stall. You have to fight.

You can’t elbow. You have to punch. It takes a lot of space. A guy on the bottom wants to get up, he gets up because you’re making space to punch. It makes for a more technical aspect to come out. It makes for more transition and movement to happen. It’s more exciting to watch and it makes for the better fighter to win.

The way that things are going now, you don’t (always) see the better fighter win. They play a game to win.

That’s what my brother needs to do, is play a game to win. Just like I should have done, is play a game to win. But it’s hard to do that. That’s what you saw there.”

Djani
10-01-2011, 23:19
idd

JeIIe
11-01-2011, 00:45
Agree!

Surrender
11-01-2011, 01:02
yepp!!

Baske
11-01-2011, 01:16
Kan 'm inderdaad ook geen ongelijk geven eigenlijk...