PDA

View Full Version : Did 'Rampage' Jackson turn down a title shot against 'Shogun' Rua?

Devilprince
08-02-2011, 10:08
Mauricio ''Shogun'' Rua said:
"The UFC thought in other alternatives, but it didn't work out. For some reason he (Jackson) didn't accepted it. I'll have to change my training because he's a lot different from Rashad, much taller, and it'll be a great challenge. He's been surprising everybody in the UFC, defeated everybody with easy, and it'll be a tough fight for me."

Quinton ''Rampage'' Jackson said:
"I don't care who the opponent is. I'm not taking a fight on four weeks' notice. It's not enough time to get ready for a five-round fight. Dana knows that. And 'Shogun,' he's a fighter, and he should know that. He shouldn't even go and say [expletive] like that with him being a fighter. He saw me at the fight this weekend. Everybody saw how big I am."

"I'm just doing maintenance training right now. I just started back. I fought right before the holidays, and I went on vacation to see my family and took my kids to see their family in Japan. I've been living my life, so I gained a lot of weight. I'm a natural fighter. I don't do any drugs, and I don't know any high-performance drugs, so I have a natural body. My body gains weight when I don't train and I don't eat like I'm in camp."

"I'm 250 pounds, and I would have to lose 45 pounds in, what, three or four weeks? The first time I fought 'Shogun,' I was injured going into that fight, and it's haunted me all the way up to now. I always believed the second time I fight 'Shogun' that I'm going to be close to 100 percent as possible... I don't want to have a rushed camp and have a last-minute fight to fight someone who's already beaten me. Even if they offered me Forrest (Griffin) or Rashad (Evans) in four weeks, I can't take that fight because I'm too big."

TOON
08-02-2011, 10:11
zeer verstandig van rampage imo

el bastardo
08-02-2011, 10:25
Psies. Doet Rampage verstandig aan. Ook al maakt hij het gewicht, dan heeft hij nog een belabberde voorbereiding gehad. En die kun je je tegen Shogun niet veroorloven.

universele
08-02-2011, 10:34
Verstandig van rampage!!!

XanaduNL
08-02-2011, 10:36
Yup, en Jones was toch al in shape.
En als Rampage wint van Thiago, krijgt hij wel een nieuwe kans.