PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce likely to delay 2nd round of Heavyweight Grand Prix

maartenjackie
22-02-2011, 19:50
With the first round of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix in the books, April 9 had become the focus for the other half of the quarterfinals, but it now appears that fans will have to wait a little longer to see who will be squaring off with Antonio Silva and Sergei Kharitonov.

Sherdog.com learned today via sources close to the promotion that Strikeforce is planning to run its previously scheduled April date in California, and that the two remaining quarterfinal bouts will most likely be pushed off the card.
Heavyweight Grand Prix participant Josh Barnett was contacted for comment on his fight being pushed back and the former UFC champion said it was the first he had heard of the change in schedule.

“I don’t really have anything to say about it,” said Barnett, “I have not heard anything from the promotion yet.”

Strikeforce Matchmaker Rich Chou offered no comment when contacted Monday evening. Promotion CEO Scott Coker has not yet replied to requests for confirmation.

Kemal
22-02-2011, 20:20
http://www.mixfight.nl/forum/showthread.php?p=1008901&page=42#post1008901

wel klote overigens..

Vinand
22-02-2011, 23:32
Ik had een artikel gelezen dat het om hun cbs deal ging... Ze wouden de 2de ronde op de cbs hebben en daar zouden ze i.v.m. boks events die al gepland waren nog een maand mee moeten wachten.

rollermanskunk
23-02-2011, 02:51
Ik hoorde Ariel ook al zo iets zeggen over een boks-event die in de weg zat. Als CBS dit wil uitzenden is dit erg goed nieuws voor Strikeforce en een hernieuwde kans op "going mainstream" . In 2009 zond CBS ook al Fedor vs Rogers uit.