PDA

View Full Version : Nieuw overview Alistair Overeem met DreamFighters.com

Harrie Nak
28-02-2011, 20:23
http://dreamfighters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/alistair11.jpg

A special thanks to Bas Boon and Golden Glory for making this interview happen.

1: Alistair, thanks for talking to DreamFighters.com again, always fun speaking with you.

You are welcome.

2: How are you feeling after winning the K1 GP, and DREAM title?

I'm very happy and proud that we have accomplished all our goals for 2010.

3: Now you are back to MMA, are you training more ground, or still fine tuning your already superior striking skills?

In my training the ground work is always a part of my training but right after my K-1 title I focused more on MMA.

4: Who at Golden Glory closely matches you strand up skills that gives you the most trouble?

Every fighter in Golden Glory brings something to the table. Are sparring sessions are always hard. All fighters have K-1 level experiences so it's difficult to pick one fighter.

5: What were your thoughts on the 2 Grand Prix fights? Fedor vs. Silva and Arlovski vs. Sergei?

Silva did a great job and Fedor fought like a lion but Silva was too big and too strong. About Sergei, I knew he would beat Arlovski and he did it with a perfect finish. I’m proud of my teammate.

6: What do you think happened to Fedor? He looked very unmotivated.

He looked motivated but you could see that he doesn't like all the attention and he didn't felt comfortable in the States. He had to do a lot of PR and that is something he don't like to do. It seems he's not the same fighter that fought in Pride.

7: Do you think he has enough good sparring partners, or is he too comfortable training with the same people his whole career?

He never changed anything because he was always successful but if you look close at his recent fights you could see that the MMA game was catching up. When he had difficulties against Arlovski in the fight he should know that he has to change his training camp but he didn't. Even after his lose against Werdum he didn’t want to change anything. I don't know if that's the reason why he lost his last fight against Silva but it looks like a pattern to me.

8: Do you think Fedor would benefit coming and training at Golden Glory?

I don't know if his striking is something he needs to work on but every fighter benefits when they come to train at Golden Glory. But we are a close group so we don't have fighters that come to train and then leave.

9: At the Grand Prix did you and Fedor ever speak? We got a picture of you and Fedor sitting together, smiling at each other. Any words exchanged?

We don't speak but we have respect for each other, so we shake hands a give each other a smile.

10: What are your thoughts on M1 trying to get more drug testing done again, and their strange negotiations with Strikeforce?

I have said it many times, M-1 is doing everything to get attention and they know they only get media attention if they say stupid things so they will demand crazy things to get there voice out there. I've always said that I will do my test like every other fighter. I honestly believe that Fedor lost the fight because of "bad" karma. I've heard stories what M-1 did to their own staff and what they are demanding. They used Fedor to get what they want. What goes around comes around and that's Fedor losing. I seriously like Fedor and I had mixed feelings when he lost. On the one hand I wanted to see Fedor in the semi finals but on the other hand I'm happy so M-1 is not co-promoting any event where I will be fighting in.

You know better than we do, why does M1 keep saying bad things about you, and seem to be dodging you?

To be honest I don't know. We all know that GG and M-1 aren't the best of friends but calling me out in person is disrespectful if you ask me. I never said anything bad about them until they attack me on a personal level. So now I speak my mind about them and I having nothing good to say about them. You have to understand that I'm also a fan of the sport and seeing what they did to Fedor and using him to promote their own events is crazy. He could have fought many times but because of their negotiations he only fought once a year. That's a shame for the fans and he lacks fighting rhythm so he couldn't grow as quick as the sport grew.

11: In a recent interview, Dana White spoke that you should not even be ranked in the top 10 in MMA, even though you are the DREAM and Strikeforce champion. Any thoughts on his statements?

He's president of a organization that hasn't have me in their roster, so he will say stuff like that. If you look at all the major websites including the sponsored UFC websites I'm in the rankings, so why worry about a opinion of one man.

12: Can we expect to maybe see you in the UFC in the near or far future?

Never say never, but at the moment I'm very happy with Strikeforce and my focus is winning the Grand Prix title.

13: After the Grand Prix, what are your plans? More MMA, more K1?

K-1 is uncertain at the moment so I don't know what I'm going to do after the Grand Prix but I will guarantee you that I'm not going to sit down and do nothing.

14: Were you able to see the Brock Lesnar vs. Cain fight? Is Cain or Brock someone you would be interested in fighting in the future?

Yes, I would love to fight those guys. I like Cain as a fighter and I like Brock as a entertainer. Both fights would be interesting and would be a must see for the fans. It would be wonderful if they can manage to set those fights up. Strikeforce vs. UFC, that would be awesome.

15: We know you like Sensation White: Who is your favorite DJ?

I don't have a personal favorite but the Swedish house mafia had the song of the year, called One. Armin van Buuren played that song when the Dutch soccer team became 2e in the world cup and when they were honored he played the song and it gave me goose bumps.

16: Do you have any words for Werdum? In his last interview, he said he beat you once, he'll beat you again and of course, he calls you his "son".

No don't have any words for him, I will see him in the cage.

17: We have a lot of Bas Rutten fans on the website. Can you tell us any funny story about him, or something he did?

When I was young I looked up to him and I trained hard to submit him so every time I went to his gym I tried my best but I was never successful. Too bad that he left to the States hahaha.

18: Anything you would like to say to all your fans?

Watch my website, Alistair Overeem - An Online Documentary (http://www.alistairovereem.com), we are going to start season 2 of the Reem and new shirts will be available soon.

Furthermore I would like to thanks my fans around the world!!!

19: Alistair, always great speaking with you. Great luck in your next fight!

Thanks!

Kemal
28-02-2011, 21:17
Thanks Nak, een leuk interview

R.H.
28-02-2011, 21:53
16: Do you have any words for Werdum? In his last interview, he said he beat you once, he'll beat you again and of course, he calls you his "son".

No don't have any words for him, I will see him in the cage.

:D