PDA

View Full Version : UFC 128 press conference quotes

Pahlavan
10-03-2011, 12:58
Shogun Rua: I'm very happy as champion. I'm not concerned about the betting lines.
- Shogun: Both Rashad and Jon Jones are similar in many senses. Good strikes, wrestlers. Had to get some guys with bigger reach.
- Shogun: I'm not concerned about the time off. It's a similar amount of time between the Machida fights.
- Shogun: I've conquered all my dreams in MMA. It was hard to motivate myself after Pride GP, but now I fight every fight for my life.
- Shogun: I always looked up to Wanderlei for inspiration. I wanted to reach his level.
- Shogun: There are some good parallels between Jones and myself. Our games are different, though.
- Shogun: Jones' quick turnaround is going to have its advantages and disadvantages.
- Shogun: It's hard to find guys that can imitate Jon Jones, but we did our best.
- Shogun: I understand why people think Jones is the favorite, and I see myself as the underdog.
Jon Jones: Fighting is a thinking man's sport. Anger and aggression can only cloud your mind.
- Jones: Rashad has nothing to do with Shogun. I don't think I'm going to answer a question about Rashad going forward.
- Jones: I think everything happens for a reason. I have a solid camp around me. I'm in phenomenal (shape).
- Jones: I took a few days off after the Bader fight. Went down to Miami to rest. Back training by Thursday.
- Jones: I think helping Rashad train for Shogun is going to help a lot. I've had to watch a lot of his fights, analyze his tendencies.
- Jones: I'll be bringing God with me into the cage.
- Jones: I'm excited to be pushed for the first time in this fight - if I'm pushed. Who knows?
- Jones: My mom and dad will be at the fight.
- Jones: Winning this fight means everything to me. It's financial security for my family. A dream come true. This isn't a job to me. It isn't a paycheck to me. It's everything.
- Jones: I feel pressure, but I don't feel pressure at the same time. I'm not concerned about the press, video cameras following me, "Octagon jitters."
- Jones: That's my belt, and I want it, and I want to hang on to it.
- Jones: I do the right thing. I changed my phone number so I can stay focused.
- Jones: I think I'm the favorite because oddsmakers are very smart and think I'm going to lose.
- Jones: God doesn't help people who don't help themselves.
- Jones: Despite being a white belt, I think I can tap out Shogun.
- Jones: I have nothing to lose here. I'm going to have fun with the situation.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/3/9/203 ... ve-updates (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/3/9/203 ... ve-updates)

hhmm is jonny een beetje arrogant geworden of is het zelfvertrouwen? wat denken jullie...

Wiseguy
10-03-2011, 13:24
Ik begin een beetje een hekel te krijgen aan Jones. Ik vind hem erg onsympathiek. Hoop op een KO Hendo vs Bisping style.

Chane
10-03-2011, 13:50
Onsympathiek? Arrogant? Vind z'n antwoorden echt wel meevallen.
Nee, vind t altijd wel een redelijke gozer.

Ben wel voor Shogun overigens.

univers1l
10-03-2011, 14:09
jones is supercool
ik mag hem wel en gun hem de winst.

dirk5
10-03-2011, 14:10
zeker arrogant, het blijft tenslotte een Amerikaan.

ik hoop op hetzelfde einde als Wiseguy.

Petrosyan188
10-03-2011, 16:00
WAR SHOGUN!! ik hoop echt dat die ja ik weet niet maar dat jones iniedergeval kruipend de octagon uit moet

Mule-Kick
10-03-2011, 16:01
zeker arrogant, het blijft tenslotte een Amerikaan.

ik hoop op hetzelfde einde als Wiseguy.

x3 Vind Jones opzich wel ok, maar Shogun gewoon veel cooler

Vinand
10-03-2011, 18:28
WAR SHOGUN!! ik hoop echt dat die ja ik weet niet maar dat jones iniedergeval kruipend de octagon uit moet

jup x2

Derail the hype train :)

amilster
10-03-2011, 23:19
mja ik ben altijd een shogun fan geweest en root ook deze keer voor hem maar tegelijkertijd onderken ik het telent van Jones .ns
Ergens heeft Jones voor mij een beetje die magische aura die Fedor had, ik zie hemp mShogyuun Shog gewoon niet gewoon niet verliezen op een of andere manier
Ben zeeeeerrrr benieuwd naar deze pot en hoop dat Shogun deze pakt.