PDA

View Full Version : 09.03.2011 Interview Danyo Ilunga - (english subtitles)

FMACH
11-03-2011, 12:30
3 days after the win of the It`s Showtime 95 Kg Max worldtitle we visited Danyo in Waldbröl and catched him up for an interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LycKoYAIRQ

Njoy the interview with english subs.

cu
Frank

blackadder
11-03-2011, 13:09
He wants to go up in weight? Wouldn't he lose his title then?

FMACH
11-03-2011, 18:08
He wants to go up in weight? Wouldn't he lose his title then?

he was at 93 Kg so we can go up to 96-97, he always loses weight before a fight.... we will not bring him to 110, thats not reasonable if one is the titleholder. For 105+ Kg another awesome fighter from Germany has joined us, at the moment we don`t distribute his name....- maybe within next 2 weeks....:-)

marcelt
11-03-2011, 18:19
Danyo fought well. I am curious how he will do in future fights. His family was sitting some rows above me. They were shouting Danyo boom-ba-ye like when Ali fought Foreman in Zaire .

FMACH
11-03-2011, 18:30
Danyo fought well. I am curious how he will do in future fights. His family was sitting some rows above me. They were shouting Danyo boom-ba-ye like when Ali fought Foreman in Zaire .

About his family, yeah they are very enthusiastic and very nice people. Sunday we will go to the church where they make a kind of ceremony and thank for the power with gospel songs and lunch afterwards for the people that attend. They are very religious and Danyo believes that his power comes from god. They are involved in a gospel chorus and charity projects in congo. We will film some of the impressions so that people can see the persons behind....

Sportive wise the fight vs. Roche was like a chessgame in the ring. If Danyo would have entered into a stupid brawl with Wendell, he might have lost it due to the greater experience of Roche. But as some people that know Danyo more intensive could have seen, that he was deeply impressed by TV and the crowd in the hall. For him it was not business like usual as for other great names. I know that he has the power to ko his opponents but for a titlefight you need a gameplan and cleverness to beat much more xperienced fighters. But next time he will be same sharp and focussed but mentaly more relaxed on the situation to come.....

blackadder
11-03-2011, 19:08
he was at 93 Kg so we can go up to 96-97, he always loses weight before a fight.... we will not bring him to 110, thats not reasonable if one is the titleholder. For 105+ Kg another awesome fighter from Germany has joined us, at the moment we don`t distribute his name....- maybe within next 2 weeks....:-)
Ah. Ok.

FMACH
11-03-2011, 22:06
Ah. Ok.

yep, we will come up with a second HW ;-)

Djani
11-03-2011, 23:29
I respect Danyo, as i respect almost any fighter. But the fight against Roche was painfully boring imho. Besides that neither fighter had earned a title shot. But i'm curious to see how Danyo will develop under the tutelage of Remy Bonjasky and i wish him the best.

blackadder
12-03-2011, 05:04
yep, we will come up with a second HW ;-)
Not 'Der Panzer' I hope.

Kemal
12-03-2011, 08:08
Thanks Frank, Danyo is a good fighter!

FMACH
12-03-2011, 11:01
Not 'Der Panzer' I hope.

no it is not him..;-)

marcelt
12-03-2011, 12:05
I respect Danyo, as i respect almost any fighter. But the fight against Roche was painfully boring imho. Besides that neither fighter had earned a title shot. But i'm curious to see how Danyo will develop under the tutelage of Remy Bonjasky and i wish him the best.

I agree with Djani !

FMACH
12-03-2011, 12:11
We`ll see the next fights and the progress...;-)

Djani
12-03-2011, 16:46
We`ll see the next fights and the progress...;-)

He seems like an athletic fighter and he only can go forward (in progress), especially in the environment he is in now. The pressure of having that belt will probably make him work even harder.