PDA

View Full Version : Ricardo Almeida retires from MMA

Ivo C.
31-03-2011, 12:49
Back in 2008 I decided to return to MMA. Since then I have had the privilege of fighting eight times in the UFC. As a competitor I can think of no bigger thrill than to stand in the center of the octagon with my hands raised.

During these almost four years it has been a personal struggle to find balance between my fighting career, caring for my son who was diagnosed with autism soon after I signed a six-fight deal with the UFC, teaching at my growing Jiu Jitsu Academy and the family duties we all have.

MMA is a great sport but also physically and mentally unforgiving. It is a dangerous task to step in the octagon, specially if your focus is not at 100%.

After much deliberation since my fight at UFC 128 I have decided to step away from the sport as a fighter.

I will continue to fully support the UFC as a coach and of course as a big fan. I would like to thank Lorenzo Fertitta and Dana White for their leadership and vision which brought the sport to new heights. I would also like to thank Joe Silva for giving me the opportunity to compete among the best martial artists in the world.

Renzo Gracie, Mark Henry, Frankie Edgar and all my teammates who I could not have gone through this challenge without.

Finally I would like to thank my wife, children and family as well as my students. You will have my integral dedication from here on.

Lastly the fans who make MMA the greatest sport there is.

Ricardo Almeida.

Kemal
31-03-2011, 13:02
mooie, duidelijke en heldere tekst, thanks!

T15Boxing
31-03-2011, 13:47
Dat is echt jammer. Ik ken Almeida door zn ADCC partij tegen Ricardo Arona en dat blijft een van de beste grappling wetstrijden die ik ooit heb gezien!

Tsuki
31-03-2011, 13:51
wow echt een mooi stukje tekst .........

Leventdepevent
31-03-2011, 14:05
jammer maar wel begrijpelijk, familie gaat voor

kooivechter
31-03-2011, 14:15
Dat is echt jammer. Ik ken Almeida door zn ADCC partij tegen Ricardo Arona en dat blijft een van de beste grappling wetstrijden die ik ooit heb gezien!

jammer was een toffe vechter. staat die partij nog ergens?

wrestler_nl
31-03-2011, 15:19
Idd jammer dat hij ermee stopt.
toffe vechter

wrestler_nl
31-03-2011, 19:37
jammer was een toffe vechter. staat die partij nog ergens?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkDNAZEe7yo

Petrosyan188
31-03-2011, 21:45
de enige vechter die in mijn carierre mij heeft verslagen op UFC Xbox sta 57-1, maar verloor mijn 2e match in het UFC toen nog op armbar van hem.

Leventdepevent
31-03-2011, 21:57
de enige vechter die in mijn carierre mij heeft verslagen op UFC Xbox sta 57-1, maar verloor mijn 2e match in het UFC toen nog op armbar van hem.

hahaha lol

kooivechter
01-04-2011, 00:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkDNAZEe7yo

thanx